Parallels Desktop 16 for M1 Macs

Parallels today began informing customers about the launch of a new Parallels Desktop 16 for M1 Mac Technical Preview Program, which is available today

Microsoft is offering a version of Arm-based Windows that’s available through the Windows Insider program that will run on ‌M1‌ Macs through Parallels, but there is no publicly available version of of Arm Windows that can be purchased.

Parallels 16 for M1 Macs Now Available Through Technical Preview Program – MacRumors

Conversation 1 comments

• Lauren Glenn

04 August, 2021 - 10:46 am

<p>I’ve been running Windows 10 ARM on my M1 Mac and absolutely love it. For the few apps I use which have to run in Windows, I would buy Windows ARM for it if they’d sell it. This is all new to me but I do enjoy being able to double click on an EXE on Mac Finder and having it run in the VM of Windows ARM but showing on the Mac desktop… then, of course, you can just jump to the Windows desktop and run stuff from there.</p><p><br></p><p>And if I’m on a work VPN, it can tunnel through my Mac and use the VPN from that to use work programs on the Windows 10 desktop without having to run VPN from there (which doesn’t run in a VM — it refuses to)</p><p><br></p><p>Microsoft should take advantage of this just to increase the number of ARM Windows machines out there. While we may not be running everything on the Windows side, there is still something to run.</p><p><br></p><p>And the M1 handles X64 apps really well… just not drivers not written in ARM… but I think that’s a Windows limitation.</p><p><br></p><p>Haven’t really had an issue that major yet with it. It’s really nice.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC