New O365 Tab Page in Edgium!

I just logged in at work this morning and when I opened Edgium Dev build 78.0.276.2 I was greeted by a tab (in addition to my usual ones) which asked if I wanted to reconfigure the New Tab page… it defaulted to an Office 365 page for my company with the company logo, my recently used documents, and a link that took me to my Delve page! Very cool, and way more useful than the horrible news feed (I turn those off in every browser from every company…) that used to be the default. I assume that this would not have happened if I had not been signed into my corporate identity in the browser, but what’s interesting to me is that it happened despite the fact that my organization has sync turned off.

I tried to get this kind of thing to pop up in Chrome and IE, the main browsers most people use here, but was unsuccessful, so I’m thinking it’s an Edgium thing.

Has anybody seen this yet?

Conversation 2 comments

• BigM72

19 September, 2019 - 6:29 am

<p>I've found similar in the past with Chrome by logging on to office.com with my corporate o365 login.</p>

• Daekar

19 September, 2019 - 6:48 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#468134">In reply to BigM72:</a></em></blockquote><p>Ah, interesting! So possibly this isn't an Edgium thing, but a "catching up on feature set" thing? I thought it was neat because it offered a view similar to what I see on when I login our O365 page but as the New Tab page in the browser, which is way more convenient.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC