Windows 10 Home Single Language

When you go to install Windows 10 from a bootable DVD or USB pen-drive one option is “Windows 10 Home Single Language”:

I wonder if anyone could assist in two things around this please:

1 What exactly are the benefits (if any) in installing this compared to the regular Windows 10 Home?

(I’d guess a slightly-smaller installation footprint, due to some additional language files not being there, but anything else?)

2 If you use a Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows 8/8.1 Home key during Windows 10 installation, will they activate an

install of Windows 10 Home Single Language or only work for the regular Windows 10 Home?

Thanks

Conversation 3 comments

• dftf

09 January, 2020 - 8:03 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#511087">In reply to mmelop:</a></em></blockquote><p>Thanks but just doing my own Googling I've come-across that and other articles but no-one seems to know for sure (1) what differences it has to regular Windows 10 Home and (2) if you can use a Windows 7 Home regular or OEM key to activate it.</p><p><br></p><p>Wish Paul himself could get his Microsoft contacts to clarify on this one. Even Wikipedia has no answers!</p>

• kevin_costa

09 January, 2020 - 1:50 pm

<p>The 7/8.1 Home key will turn into a regular 10 Home key (not Home Single Language). The basic difference is basically the languages that can be installed. Single Language only allows the original language to be used, Home allows change to lots of languages. As far as I know, only OEMs can access Single Languages license keys.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC