Xbox 360 streaming music off a Windows 10 PC

Hi,

I work in IT, I’m a developer, but this has defeated me.

I have a WIndows 10 desktop PC with my music on it.  I have an Xbox 360 that I’m in no rush to replace.  They are on the same network, in the same room.  I want to use the “old” xbox music player to play music from the PC but I can’t.  It comes up and says it can’t find any albums/songs.  The xbox can see the PC, but the PC doesn’t seem to see the xbox… the relevant built in Firewall settings appear to be setup to let the xbox through.

Any advice please, or tests I can do?

Thanks,

– Rob

Conversation 2 comments

Premium Member
    07 December, 2016 - 10:43 am

<p>So, the odd thing about this was I was trying to set this up on Xbox One S.&nbsp; I thought Groove-Groove, but heck no, that won’t work.</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>The solution is to use the XBOX Music App on your 360 and Windows Media Player on your PC.&nbsp; Open your music file / playlist, right click on it, and click "Cast to".&nbsp; It should show your Xbox 360 on the network.&nbsp; If not, you can add the device.</p>

08 December, 2016 - 12:25 pm

<p>What you could try is a media streaming program like for example Serviio&nbsp;http://serviio.org/ This should let you share music and movies to other devices, including Xbox 360, I haven’t used it in a while now, but I used to use it all the time to share movie and music to my Xbox 360 in the past. &nbsp;</p>
    <p>The benefits of that is that your Xbox 360 should be able to see the shared items so you can start for instance music playback directly from your Xbox 360, and not have to go to you computer to start &nbsp;’Cast to’&nbsp;</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC