Constant Surface Book 2 blue screens

Just bought a Surface Book 2 last Friday. Shortly after setting it up and installing all the latest updates it started random blue screening. It does it 2 or 3 times a day and I’m not even really using it. Most of the time it happens after it comes out of sleep and I just hit the windows key.

I read a reddit thread with some people saying they installed updates on the same day and now their Surface Books 2 are also blue screening. Does anyone here have a Surface Book 2 and are experiencing the same issue?

Still waiting on Microsoft to analyse the memory dump, but I’m leaning toward just returning it and getting something else.

Thanks.

Rob

Conversation 2 comments

• simont

Premium Member
    04 December, 2018 - 3:58 pm

<p>The current theory is that one of the latest cumulative updates is causing the issue. If you have enough time, you can uninstall it before the machine crashes again.</p><p><br></p><p>https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/12/03/surface_book_2/</p><p><br></p&gt;

• alfrew

Premium Member
    04 December, 2018 - 4:37 pm

<p>same problem … started after firmware and driver updates and latest cumulative update.</p><p>Unable to get 1809 using Windows Update. </p><p>Read simont item below … uninstalled cum update … will see if problem gone.</p><p>Microsoft has yet to block the update for Surface Book 2 as was promised.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC