|Subject||Posted By||Forum||Category||Last Activity||Activity|
||gvan||Community Feedback||Paul||11 months ago||
||gvan||Microsoft||Windows||3 years ago||
||gvan||Apple||Music + Videos||3 years ago||
||gvan||Apple||Uncategorized||4 years ago||
||gvan||General Discussion||Hardware||4 years ago||
I wanted to pitch a few story ideas to Paul and Brad with this tread:
1. I’m hearing from a number of people trying to pull Windows 7 PCs out of closets for use as VPN work stations. This is bad and they need to be told NO. However, is it possible for Microsoft to turn the free Windows 10 upgrade path back on to help? Announce it!
2. I’m currently imaging an old spare PC for use a a home VPN station for a co-worker. It might be a good article for how to do this or at least encourage IT professionals to do this.
3. Microsoft and other vendors should stop pushing all feature updates during this period to reduce the risk of breaking things.
4. Cell phones are super critical communications devices right now. Apple should re-open their stores immediately for repair and replacement of broken devices only. Everyone in this country is just one phone drop away from an unfixable catastrophic problem. Limited hours would be appropriate as well. Another story angle would be to write a what to do if your phone breaks article.
5. Telecom companies should be encouraged to light up dark fiber.
6. I’m seeing tons of adds on the web from people “scalping” medical face masks. What will it take for someone at the FBI to click on these adds and investigate them. Why are the Internet add networks not shutting this down?
The 1803 update got pushed to one of my laptops yesterday April 30th. It installed fine and appears to work perfectly.
The thing I can’t figure out is why my cheap Dell Inspiron with Pentium D and upgraded hard drive gets all the updates on launch day while my un-modified high dollar HP Specture laptop waits for months to get updates.
I wonder if Microsoft is detecting that I have 2 PC’s and figuring that it’s low risk to push the update early to my cheaper PC because at least I have redundancy and could better deal with problems? What do you think their criteria is for these roll outs? If I was Microsoft I would look for signals that the PC owner has strong technical skills and do first round pushes to them. The upgraded hard drive ssd could be what is triggering the early push?
Did Apple announce any 4k video capability at WWDC?
I just bought a cool new High Dollar Samsung 8 Series 4K HDR TV over at the Costco! Problem. Most of my video content has been purchased over the years from Apple iTunes. As of January 11, 2017 Apple is the only major company on earth not supporting 4K. BOOOOOO!
I have done many Google searches and all I’m finding are Apple apologist web sites telling me that upscaled 1080p is just as good as 4K and I can’t tell the difference [FACT CHECK FALSE]. These very same web sites are littered with FAKE NEWS articles dating back to 2015 touting rumors that a 4K Apple TV would be released in weeks if not months. Where are the follow up articles saying “Oops, my source lied”?
Seriously, has anyone heard any actual facts from the company? Everyone is assuming they are working on 4K but I can find no evidence of this from Apple itself. Here are the 2 big questions that Apple must address before I can purchase anything more from Apple:
(1) If I buy a current 4th generation Apple TV will it get a software upgrade for 4K and HDR?
(2) If I purchase video content in HD right now, will I be able to stream it in 4K HDR when available or, will I have to buy it again later?
Sorry for the rant but I had to post my frustration somewhere. HeHeHe…
I hate White, Silver, Grey and Black PC’s (and cars). I want a PC’s in blue, red, green, etc. Even “Apple Gold” is better than the same old silver. I recently bought a small cheap portable Dell in “Apple Gold”. Wallmart.com was the only web site that even had it in that color! Gold is the new “in style” color right now thanks to Apple’s gold iphone and Trump’s gold toilet! HeHeHe…
I’m now looking for a higher end ultra book. I like the new 20106 HP Specture x360 that Paul recently gave a good review of. However, it’s Silver only! Yuck! There is a 2015 model in tan/gold. I like that laptop color but I would prefer the 2016 model. Does anyone know if HP plans to make a colored Specture x360 later this year? That would be worth waiting for! HP, if you are listening, might I suggest Tardis Blue!