Why would you do this? I have no idea...
I've had issues with my Logitech webcam...in a nutshell, if the computer sleeps, the webcam needs to be unplugged and then plugged back in.
I do not have Dell's webcam software installed so I figured I would give that a start. Except the software doesn't install, claiming my computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements, which is absurd...
Then I found this video on YouTube, where he is claiming that you have to remove a few sticks of ram in order to install the webcam. I haven't tried it yet, but this is pretty silly given the price of ram these days.
Anyone gone through this?
A bunch of text.
A bunch of text down here.
- There was a certain situation where the comment count on article pages was incorrect. This has been addressed
- Last released introduced a new log in form. Certain 3rd party browser extensions were interfering with the z-index calculation of that overlay form. In these cases the overlay was not usable. This has been addressed (Since I can't test all 3rd party extensions, if you see this issue please contact us and let us know which extensions you're using).
- A JS error was thrown in cases where no comments were loaded on the page. This has been addressed.
- There were some formatting issues that have been fixed in Internet Explorer
- A small handful of user's (5 I believe) comments were being falsely identified as SPAM. We have adjusted settings and it appears to have fixed this issue.
- Some users reported issues in regards to their 3 free articles per month. This has been addressed.
- You can now subscribe for $7 month (in addition to $64 a year).
- Related to this, we have expanded the subscription management section of your "My Account" page. We will continue to enhance this portion of the site
- We have introduced a live chat for the live First Ring Daily shows on Friday. You can access that chat by going to https://www.thurrott.com/live
- We are tweaking the design of links across the site with the primary intention of making links in posts more visible
- Various "under-the-hood" tweaks that, in theory, should improve site performance
In The Pipeline
- Thurrott Now Micro Blog. This has been "in the pipeline" for a while now, front-end designs are complete and we hope to have this out very soon.
- Improved Account Management Screens
- Improved checkout screens
- User notifications for comments and replies
- Browser Spell check should now work properly across all browsers in comment/forum entries
- Some users had missing Alpha numbers. The cause of this was identified and has been addressed. A net effect of this is that a small number of users numbers were also incorrect. For the most part, these users have smaller numbers now.
- Alpha member's subscription dates are now correct and based off the October 3rd launch date (rather than your original purchase date).
- Layout selection is now persistent for all users.
- We have dramatically changed the log in experience. We feel it is more user friendly.
- Coupon functionality is now in place. Keep your eyes peeled for deals.
In The Pipeline
- Thurrott Now Micro Blog
- Live chat on the first ring daily
- Improved account management
- Monthly Thurrott Premium Subscriptions
- Improved sorting on comments
- Comment/Forum notifications
- Cubs World Series Win
- Cleaned up various "under the hood" issues. These are all very mundane and minor and not something users would see. (If I were a mechanic, i'd charge you $3,000 for these vague fixes).
- Resolved an issue in FireFox that was impacting user's ability to flip between different comment threads
- Addressed a pagination issue on category pages.
- Non admins were not able to correctly edit comments (all formatting was lost), this has been fixed.
- We have RSS feed's for the First Ring Daily
- You could arguably file this under a bug fix but the search menu has made its return
- You can now edit forum posts
- Comment counts on the Podcast Widget on the homepage now links to the comments section of the podcast
In The Pipeline
- The Thurrott Now micro blogging functionality is complete but needs a little more testing
- User notifications on comment/thread replies
- Thread Subscriptions
- Signatures in Forums
- Secret new page we think you'll enjoy
First of all, sorry for the messed up forums there for a bit. Brad tripped over a cable and things got ugly.
With the launch of Thurrott Premium earlier this week, we got a ton of feedback from the community covering everything from bugs, missing features, and preferences on things as simple as font size. I hope that with the release we pushed today that it’s clear that we are listening!
We will continue to update and improve the site and as we do so I’d like to take the time every week to keep you all updated on what’s been done and what’s in the works. With that said, here’s what we’ve been up to. There was over 40 individual bugs/issues that were addressed. This list is not comprehensive, but is close.
- Premium comment sorting has been fixed
- It was previously possible to create forum threads with no title.
- A bug relating to Safari and Edge that broke some icons on the site has been fixed.
- A bug that made the breadcrumbs in the forums display incorrectly in certain situation has been fixed.
- Some people were seeing UTC time-stamps on blog post time-stamps.
- A display bug in the blogroll when a post only had 1 comment has been fixed.
- A bug in Safari where the navigation did not line up correctly has been fixed.
- It was previously possible to see the soundcloud embed of The First Ring Daily. This has been fixed (sorry guys, premium only feature)
- Deleted comments were still being displayed in user’s activity feed on their user profile pages
- Links to comments section on Podcast posts now bring you to the comments section of that page
- There were about 15 individual aesthetic tweaks to font-size, line spacing, “section” spacing and other visual cues to help address the busyness of the new layout
- We were using a blue background to denote site administrators and the author of a thread. We felt this was overwhelming in the real world and it has been removed. Site administrators are now denoted with a blue checkbox over their profile image.
- Users can now edit comments for up to 10 minutes after the comment is posted
- We removed the blue premium banner on premium videos for premium users which was overlayed on top of the video controls.
In The Pipeline
- We were hoping to make the editing of forum posts available this week but we failed to reach this deadline. That will be out next week. I do apologize for this not being live. It’s an obvious feature.
- Podcast Syndication, specifically The First Ring Daily should be live next week. This includes two seperate feeds: one that includes all of the shows for premium users and one that includes live (and free) Friday shows.
- Thurrott Now, which has been talked about on the Podcast is nearing completion
- Other super secret stuff you’ll know about in good time ?
I believe that pretty much covers everything. As always, if you have issues please don’t hesitate to reach out here on the forums or reach out to us through our Contact Page. That form goes directly into our FreshDesk account, and from there the ticket (if warranted) is tied to an issue in our GitHub repository in which case you will be alerted when we push out a fix.