The free 3 Premium Articles system is broken

I spent 2 of my 3 Premium articles on:

• Build 2018: What I expect…
  • A Way Forward for the Microsoft Store

However, when I clicked continue reading, the page was just blank on both. No article. 2 Premium articles wasted. And I wasn’t alone: The Standard Comments are full of people reporting the same thing. 🙁

Conversation 21 comments

• kherm

Premium Member
    02 May, 2018 - 10:32 am

<p>Did you have an ad blocker on? Maybe it's causing issues?</p>

• pbsie

02 May, 2018 - 10:33 am

<p>@kherm I have the Ad Blocker disabled – and it effects IE, Firefox, and Chrome. </p>

• Paul Thurrott

Premium Member
    02 May, 2018 - 11:00 am

<p>This is likely a site issue. We're looking into this right now.</p>

• Sykeward

02 May, 2018 - 12:46 pm

<p>I've observed the same thing. I used one of my premium article passes and the article loaded for a few seconds but now just loads the comments section, regardless of browser. Thanks for looking into this</p>

• will

Premium Member
    02 May, 2018 - 12:59 pm

<p>I am having the same issue, I thought the new Premium articles were just VERY short LOL but the older ones are having the same problem.</p>

• hrlngrv

Premium Member
    02 May, 2018 - 2:38 pm

<p>I'm having a similar problem with <strong>A Way Forward for the Microsoft Store</strong>, and I have and am using a premium account.</p><p>The article seems to be fubar. There may have been a similar problem a week or two ago with an article which didn't format correctly. Perhaps related.</p>

• collin

08 May, 2018 - 6:19 pm

<p>Any news on a fix as I am having the same problem.</p>

• glhs577

08 May, 2018 - 6:47 pm

<p>I thought I would try out the premium content to see what it is all about. </p><p><br></p><p>However, When I try to read "What I use, Build 2018: MacBook Air" I see a button which say "Click to continue reading" above text that says this will be 1 of 3 articles. When I click it, the page just thinks and then ends up at the exact same place. </p><p><br></p><p>This is in both Chrome and Edge.</p><p><br></p><p>I guess I'll just move along.</p>

• Tim

Premium Member
      09 May, 2018 - 11:46 am

<blockquote><a href="#273398"><em>In reply to glhs577:</em></a></blockquote><p><br></p><p>I will reach out to you directly regarding this. A few of you have mentioned there's still an issue, I'm not sure what it is as it seems relatively isolated (I've been able to use the system on test accounts).</p>

• aThingOrTwo

09 May, 2018 - 1:28 pm

<blockquote><a href="#273723"><em>In reply to Tim:</em></a></blockquote><p><br></p><p>I have the same problem with my account, upon clicking continue page reloads but the content is not displayed.</p><p><br></p><p><a href="https://www.thurrott.com/mobile/mac-and-macos/158758/quick-macbook-air-check?continue_reading=158758&quot; target="_blank" style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">https://www.thurrott.com/mobile/mac-and-macos/158758/quick-macbook-air-check?continue_reading=158758</a></p><p><br></p><p>Also when posting any comment with a link get a HTTP 500. I can workaround this by posting and then editing. Does not seem related but thought I would include just in case.</p>

• Tim

Premium Member
          09 May, 2018 - 2:21 pm

<blockquote><a href="#273742"><em>In reply to aThingOrTwo:</em></a></blockquote><blockquote>Also when posting any comment with a link get a HTTP 500. I can workaround this by posting and then editing. Does not seem related but thought I would include just in case.</blockquote><p><br></p><p>There is a very high probability that this is a false-positive with our SPAM prevention.</p>

• aThingOrTwo

09 May, 2018 - 7:43 pm

<blockquote><a href="#273788"><em>In reply to Tim:</em></a></blockquote><p>Thanks Tim – all working now!</p>

• glhs577

09 May, 2018 - 7:22 pm

<blockquote><a href="#273723"><em>In reply to Tim:</em></a></blockquote><p>All set! Thanks for your help</p>

• Jlytton

09 May, 2018 - 2:15 pm

<blockquote><a href="#273398"><em>In reply to glhs577:</em></a><em> I got the same Problem – just fix the D#$n Thing !!!</em></blockquote><p><br></p>

• Tim

Premium Member
    09 May, 2018 - 2:20 pm

<p>Looking back into this guys. I will update this post when I figure out what's going on. We haven't modified this functionality since it was built so this is a new little cockroach that snuck in somewhere. </p><p><br></p><p><strong>**EDIT**</strong></p><p>This issue has been resolved as of 6:20EST 5/9/18. If you are continuing to have issues please reach out to me at [email protected].</p>

• manzo

09 May, 2018 - 5:26 pm

<blockquote><a href="#273785"><em>In reply to Tim:</em></a></blockquote><p>I've just signed up, and I got this on the first Premium article I tried (Microsoft, back on track), if that's any help?</p>

• Tim

Premium Member
        09 May, 2018 - 6:27 pm

<blockquote><a href="#273921"><em>In reply to manzo:</em></a></blockquote><p>Right you are!</p><p><br></p><p>It was a bug that related only to new accounts that had never taken advantage of this before. I have addressed this issue and everything should be working again.</p>

• manzo

10 May, 2018 - 6:52 am

<blockquote><a href="#273949"><em>In reply to Tim:</em></a></blockquote><p>You have indeed addressed it, thanks! :)</p>

• Paul Thurrott

Premium Member
            11 May, 2018 - 4:35 pm

<blockquote><a href="#274121"><em>In reply to manzo:</em></a></blockquote><p>Woo-hoo. :)</p>

• pecosbob04

02 December, 2019 - 8:56 pm

<p>Reading Premium Articles as non premium member. I read a premium article as one of my 3 premium articles per month at around 9:00 PM EST in the US on November 30th, but instead of charging this against my November allotment it was charged as a December read. could this be corrected?</p><p><br></p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC