Apple today announced its 2021 App Store Award winners across iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV, Apple Watch, and Apple Arcade. There are separate awards for apps and games.
“The developers who won App Store Awards in 2021 harnessed their own drive and vision to deliver the best apps and games of the year, sparking the creativity and passion of millions of users around the world,” Apple CEO Tim Cook said. “From self-taught indie coders to inspiring leaders building global businesses, these standout developers innovated with Apple technology, with many helping to foster the profound sense of togetherness we needed this year.”
Here are the winners:
- iPhone App of the Year: Toca Life World, from Toca Boca.
- iPad App of the Year: LumaFusion, from LumaTouch.
- Mac App of the Year: Craft, from Luki Labs Limited.
- Apple TV App of the Year: DAZN, from DAZN Group.
- Apple Watch App of the Year: Carrot Weather, from Grailr.
- Phone Game of the Year: “League of Legends: Wild Rift,” from Riot Games.
- iPad Game of the Year: “MARVEL Future Revolution,” from Netmarble Corporation.
- Mac Game of the Year: “Myst,” from Cyan.
- Apple TV Game of the Year: “Space Marshals 3,” from Pixelbite.
- Apple Arcade Game of the Year: “Fantasian,” from Mistwalker.
Trend of the year
Apple also noted that “connections” was the trend of the year. “This year’s trend winners brought people together in meaningful ways, while meeting social, personal, and professional needs for users around the world,” Apple noted of this trend. And it awarded the following titles:
- “Among Us!” From Innersloth
- Bumble, from Bumble Inc.
- Canva, from Canva
- EatOkra, from Anthony Edwards Jr. and Janique Edwards
- Peanut, from Peanut App Limited