I have the perfect phone, the iPhone 8 Plus. I was rocking an iPhone 7 but I wanted a bigger screen. But I can’t stand the notch. I just can’t deal with it. It offends me. And a phone with a bullet hole in the screen?…the world has gone mad.
So I bought a refurbished 8 Plus from Apple for $379. This was a great deal. You get a new battery, a new shell, and a one year warranty. And Apple even throws in a 1 year subscription to Apple TV. On a refurb! That really surprised me.
I’ll list the reasons the iPhone 8 Plus is the greatest phone since Creation.
- No notch.
- No bullet hole.
- A good size phone. Not too big, not too small.
- Doesn’t cost a thousand bucks. (I’ve had cars that cost less.)
- A true tone 16:9 1080p LCD display as God intended.
- Wireless charging. (Which I never use.)
- Pretty decent battery life.
- Nice loud speakers. (I’m kinda deaf.)
- Will probably get updates for 2 or 3 more years.
- Not Android. Actually I like Android just fine. I just don’t like what the carriers and the OEMs do to Android. What a mess. That Steve Jobs insisted on keeping control of iOS and not letting the carriers get their filthy hands on it was one of the greatest business decisions ever.
- The best fingerprint reader in the industry and none of that face scanner nonsense. (Handy during the current unpleasantness.)
- A great camera. I’m not much into photography admittedly. The wife is into photography and uses a DSLR. I find it hard to get excited about phone cameras. Blow up a photo on a big screen from a phone vs. a real camera and there’s no contest.
- Nice and fast with iOS 14.
- And have I mentioned that there is No Infernal Notch?
There was talk of Apple coming out with an iPhone SE Plus. Is that still a thing?