Site updates for the week of 10/10/16

Bug Fixes

• Cleaned up various “under the hood” issues. These are all very mundane and minor and not something users would see.  (If I were a mechanic, i’d charge you $3,000 for these vague fixes).
  • Resolved an issue in FireFox that was impacting user’s ability to flip between different comment threads
  • Addressed a pagination issue on category pages.
  • Non admins were not able to correctly edit comments (all formatting was lost), this has been fixed.

Enhancements

• We have RSS feed’s for the First Ring Daily
  • You could arguably file this under a bug fix but the search menu has made its return
  • You can now edit forum posts
  • Comment counts on the Podcast Widget on the homepage now links to the comments section of the podcast

In The Pipeline

• The Thurrott Now micro blogging functionality is complete but needs a little more testing
  • User notifications on comment/thread replies
  • Thread Subscriptions
  • Signatures in Forums
  • Secret new page we think you’ll enjoy

Conversation 5 comments

17 October, 2016 - 7:08 am

<p>thank you for your work</p>
    <p>I was wondering if the login could be more touch friendly? it appears when the mouse hovers over it but when I use touch, i cannot easily enter the information in the username password fields using the on screen keyboard. This is from Windows 10 tablets.</p>

Premium Member
      17 October, 2016 - 8:35 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#21073">In reply to </a><a href="../../../../users/Simard57">Simard57</a><a href="#21073">:</a></em></blockquote>
      <p>Yes. We have a reworked login actually. It will probably be live in the next day or 2.&nbsp;</p>

17 October, 2016 - 4:50 pm

<p>The text input field for comments still has some major issues:</p>
    <ul>
    <li>spell checker doesnt work in Edge</li>
    <li>in Touch Mode the keyboard doesn’t open</li>
    </ul>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC