I wanted to pitch a few story ideas to Paul and Brad with this tread:
1. I’m hearing from a number of people trying to pull Windows 7 PCs out of closets for use as VPN work stations. This is bad and they need to be told NO. However, is it possible for Microsoft to turn the free Windows 10 upgrade path back on to help? Announce it!
2. I’m currently imaging an old spare PC for use a a home VPN station for a co-worker. It might be a good article for how to do this or at least encourage IT professionals to do this.
3. Microsoft and other vendors should stop pushing all feature updates during this period to reduce the risk of breaking things.
4. Cell phones are super critical communications devices right now. Apple should re-open their stores immediately for repair and replacement of broken devices only. Everyone in this country is just one phone drop away from an unfixable catastrophic problem. Limited hours would be appropriate as well. Another story angle would be to write a what to do if your phone breaks article.
5. Telecom companies should be encouraged to light up dark fiber.
6. I’m seeing tons of adds on the web from people “scalping” medical face masks. What will it take for someone at the FBI to click on these adds and investigate them. Why are the Internet add networks not shutting this down?