We Help Wednesday 10/25

Questions for the show? Drop them here!

Conversation 8 comments

• moogleassassin

25 October, 2017 - 5:35 am

<p>Would like to know a out the surface book 2 fan designs in more detail. I have a SB1 and as Paul noted previously while I have had many problems with it… there is something about it and I always keep coming back to it. I am going to stump up the cost of the gen2 and want the 15" version – however I live in the UK so can only get the 13.5"</p><p><br></p><p>I want the 13.5" i7 with 1050gpu but I'm very concerned with reports that the device has a passively cooled i7 chip – so is fanless??! To me this just seems OK for low usage but a recipe for failure for power users like myself. Have they got some fancy airflow exit strategies via the 1050gpu fan when docked in Base to draw air out or something? </p><p><br></p><p>I have just returned the new HP Spectre x360 15 with 8th gen i7 for reasons I will post in another thread (a bit crap) and if MS think they can put the high end i7 (8650 over the 8500) and not need cooling on it I worry they have the windows mobile marketing guys working on the design ?</p><p><br></p><p>Any info much appreciated. </p><p><br></p><p>Cheers. </p><p><br></p><p>Joe. </p>

• themightytwo

25 October, 2017 - 9:13 am

<p>Is the Surface LTe really delayed until 2018?</p>

• Chris_Kez

Premium Member
      25 October, 2017 - 10:47 am

<blockquote><a href="#210041"><em>In reply to themightytwo:</em></a></blockquote><p>No. Per Thurrot Now, via a post on Neowin from Monday: </p><p><em>A Microsoft sokesperson issued the following statement:</em></p><blockquote><em>“Surface Pro with LTE will be available later this year. We will have more to share regarding specific timing and market availability in the coming months.”</em></blockquote><p><br></p>

• S100

Premium Member
    25 October, 2017 - 9:23 am

<p>Any update on whether iTunes will come to the Windows Store by the end of 2017?</p>

• Sprtfan

25 October, 2017 - 9:35 am

<p>Any updates on Microsoft and Amazon partnership to integrate Alexa and Cortana digital assistants? Does the Invoke have the ability to launch Alexa yet or is that still coming? When it does shouldn't that give the Invoke a pretty big boost in skills?</p>

• Sprtfan

25 October, 2017 - 9:42 am

<p> I'm having problems getting the Next Lockscreen to work on my Pixel with Oreo. The default lockscreen launches on top of it and the only way I can get it to work is turning off fingerprint unlock. It has worked for me on other phones. Has Paul had it working on his Pixel?</p>

• Usman

Premium Member
      25 October, 2017 - 11:24 am

<blockquote><a href="#210066"><em>In reply to Sprtfan:</em></a></blockquote><p>I stopped using it right after I tried it, it's an extra lock screen on top of the default one, it's unnecessary.</p>

• Sprtfan

25 October, 2017 - 12:25 pm

<blockquote><a href="#210210"><em>In reply to Chris_Kez:</em></a></blockquote><p>I found a known issues section on the Next Lockscreen forum and the Pixel with Oreo was listed as not working as intended with the fingerprint reader. They only mention Pixel and Nexus devices with Oreo having the problem so maybe it would work with something else. Maybe I'll give it another shot if they get it working.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC