We Help Wednesday 11/8

Questions for the show? Drop them here!

Conversation 11 comments

• wbaggerly

Premium Member
    07 November, 2017 - 2:52 pm

<p>Hey guys,</p><p><br></p><p>I have yet to move off of Windows Mobile, but I will, of course, do so in the near future. Is there a way to migrate my Text Messages, SMS and MMS when I move to Android? I like how Windows Mobile did this as I switched/upgraded phones. </p><p><br></p><p>Thanks,</p><p><br></p><p>Wes</p>

• michael.dice

Premium Member
      10 November, 2017 - 8:57 am

<blockquote><a href="#213835"><em>In reply to wbaggerly:</em></a></blockquote><p>https://www.att.com/features/mobile-transfer.html</p&gt;

• Clarkb

Premium Member
        14 November, 2017 - 12:51 pm

<blockquote><a href="#214494"><em>In reply to michael.dice:</em></a> Per the Apps description this app does NOT transfer SMS/MMS, it transfers <span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent;">contacts, pictures, videos, music, and documents, which, if you are already syncing your content to OneDrive, doesn't really add any value.</span></blockquote><p><br></p>

• michael.dice

Premium Member
          15 December, 2017 - 11:01 am

<p><a href="#216075"><em>In reply to Clarkb:</em></a><em> Also per the FAQ: </em>Android allows the transfer of contacts, pictures, video, documents, music, and <strong>SMS, MMS, and call logs</strong>.</p>

• Usman

Premium Member
    07 November, 2017 - 5:43 pm

<p>Bit of business, IT Pro question.</p><p><br></p><p>Lately I've been looking at the lack of ecosystem within the Office 365 space. GSuite integrates perfectly in a lot of third party saas services and O365 is never mentioned in these service for things like Single Sign On and synced accounts. Salesforce announced their partnership with Google and that GSuite is their preferred platform of choice, which pretty much is a big middle finger to Microsoft and O365. </p><p><br></p><p>Big enterprise will always be a thing for O365, but for SMB like the company I work for, it becomes frustrating in that many saas services don't tie into O365 at all but exist for GSuite.</p><p><br></p><p><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">What do you think the reason is for lack of ecosystem support (other than competition), outlook online integration for CRM and other services are paltry compared to GSuite, and things like Microsoft flow are slow to add service integrations. </span></p><p><br></p><p>The easy answer to is to use everything Microsoft (VSTS instead of atlassian, dynamics over any other crm etc) however that makes the problem worse since Microsoft makes products that competes with all these third party services.</p><p><br></p><p>Is it the ambivelance for it being a microsoft technology that devs don't build this integration or is the market size really small compared to Gsuite users that use third party solutions?</p>

• Chris_Kez

Premium Member
      08 November, 2017 - 10:24 am

<blockquote><a href="#213866"><em>In reply to Usman:</em></a></blockquote><p>I've wondered the same thing. Perhaps Brad, who covers some of this on the Petri side, can reach out to someone on the Office 365 team. <span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Microsoft seems to be making a push for Add-In's and integrations, but doing so in a limited and targeted way. </span></p><p>I think part of it is that Google was born as a web company and is more open/approachable to the huge number of web developers out there, whereas Office historically operated in a bit of an enterprise silo. When we switched to G Suite, there were almost literal cheers from many of my colleagues on the development side who talked about how much easier it was to integrate with Google services. These guys and girls grew up using Gmail and Chrome extensions, and tinkering with this stuff in their personal lives. It wasn't until they joined the corporate world that they had any significant immersion in Office. </p><p><br></p>

• Eric Flickner

07 November, 2017 - 7:02 pm

<p>Any additional first impressions about Pixel 2 XL beyond what was in your recent article?</p>

• Eric Flickner

08 November, 2017 - 8:19 pm

<blockquote><a href="#213908"><em>In reply to STPFan82:</em></a></blockquote><p>I guess I'm talking to myself….</p><p><br></p><p>@Brad – no butchering of the username, spot on</p><p>@Paul – The mew Pixel 2 phones comes with a "Quick Switch" adapter that is a USB-C to USB-A dongle. I was able to copy data from my iPhone 7 to the Pixel 2 XL using Google's "Data Transfer Tool" with the dongle and corresponding cable. It got all of my text messages, documents, etc. just fine. It also found same installed apps and started downloading the equivalent from Google Play.</p>

• Chris Blair

08 November, 2017 - 10:23 am

<p>Since July, I and more than 700 fellow Windows 10 "inkers" have been complaining to Microsoft on the Community Forum about a problem with the new (2017) Surface Pro and Pen that causes inaccurate inking depending on how you hold the Surface Pro. This problem results in line and character offsets of a mm or more that comes and goes. Are you aware of this problem and any plans by Microsoft to fix it? The thread title is "<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent;">Q: Surface Pro – intermittent pen inaccuracy when hand is on the screen."</span></p>

• Tech_Support

23 November, 2017 - 12:42 am

<p>For #HotmailpasswordResetOrRecovery Call on &amp;&amp;**866).(877).(9859)__++</p><p>#Outlook Support Number</p><p>#Micrsosoft Support Number</p><p>#Outlook Password&nbsp;</p><p>#OutlookSupport&nbsp;</p><p>#HotmailPasswordRecovery</p><p>#OutlookandMicrosoft Support Phone Number</p><p>Call ***866).(877).(9859&gt;&gt;&gt;</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC