We Help Wednesday 2/22

Questions for the show? Drop them here.

Conversation 7 comments

• davidD

Premium Member
    21 February, 2017 - 4:56 pm

<p>By my understanding, Microsoft's strategy with&nbsp;hardware&nbsp;is to create new types of devices and&nbsp;show OEM partners how these devices should look, and for them to cater to lower price points. Therefore how much longer do you believe they will continue with Surface Pro now there are multiple Surface-like devices on sale?</p>

• anchovylover

21 February, 2017 - 5:36 pm

<p>With the EU unfairly on MS's case again in relation to W10 privacy options do you believe MS will introduce a simple ON/OFF switch for telemetry? Also, how can MS counter the misinformation over W10 privacy in general?</p>

• Brumfondl

Premium Member
    21 February, 2017 - 7:47 pm

<p>I may just be being dense here, but is there a way to get "Settings" up in two different windows? e.g. if I have 'Update &amp; Security" open and want to have "Display Settings" up as well. At the moment it will just usurp the window I had open before, and to be even more annoying it won't even put up the arrow so I can go back to the previous Settings page.</p><p><br></p><p>Cheers for any insight into this you may have :)</p>

• jimchamplin

Premium Member
      22 February, 2017 - 7:54 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#44169">In reply to Brumfondl:</a></em></blockquote><p>I've been intending to create feedback on this very thing!</p><p>As far as I know, it's not possible. If you have Settings open and use a link somewhere else in the UI – example: you have Accounts open in Settings, and from the Desktop you open Display Settings, Display will replace Accounts in the window, and the back button will return to Accounts.</p><p>I think I'll file that feedback today and put a link here so you can up vote it. </p>

• jimchamplin

Premium Member
      22 February, 2017 - 1:58 pm

<blockquote><a href="#44169"><em>In reply to Brumfondl:</em></a></blockquote><p>https://aka.ms/S3uzxx https://aka.ms/Pygmxd https://aka.ms/Uxgr0y</p><p>Three different feedback items that all talk about this. Upvote them happily! :D</p>

• Shane

Premium Member
    22 February, 2017 - 11:41 am

<p>Cheap windows tablets.</p><p>What would you recommend ?</p><p>Sorry nothing Apple.</p>

• Mate Jovic

22 February, 2017 - 12:13 pm

<p>Hi Brad.</p><p><br></p><p>Although I really like Windows 10, there are still countless bugs in it, many of them are only minor, some have a larger impact. It affects&nbsp;almost all parts that have changed since Windows 8.1: WiFi, power management, multi monitor support, USB stack, start menu, you name it. Most of it isn't really severe, but leaves an impression of Win 10 being&nbsp;a permanent&nbsp;beta.</p><p><br></p><p>In your opinion: will Windows 10 become more polished over the time, or do we have to live with that Linuxish experience: "works, kind of" :-)</p><p><br></p><p>Thanks and keep up the good work.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC