We Help Wednesday 3/29

Question for the show? Drop it here.

Conversation 3 comments

• Simard57

28 March, 2017 - 4:18 pm

<p>Something I would like to see covered on WHW is how to survive with small storage Windows 10 tablets. what is a strategy for maximizing storage and have smooth Windows Updates? I have heard/read about:</p><ul><li>System Disk Cleanup to remove Windows.old backup</li><li>Compress Drive</li><li>CompactOS</li><li>Unlink OneDrive</li></ul><p>are there other strategies that should be considered?</p>

• Shane

Premium Member
    28 March, 2017 - 5:32 pm

<p>As you may know I'm a recent convert to Android.</p><p><br></p><p>Now on WP if I reset my device I knew what would come back and how to get my apps and info back.</p><p><br></p><p>I heard you say Paul that you would be resetting your Pixel after your recent travel.</p><p><br></p><p>If I reset my device a OnePlus 3t is it easy to get stuff back ???? Texts apps setup of the device.</p>

• Lewk

Premium Member
    29 March, 2017 - 9:45 am

<p>Are Microsoft releasing the Creators Update too early and&nbsp;in an&nbsp;unfinished state? A few things are concerning, one of which is the unfinished and unusable Dynamic Lock. But more concerning is the new Windows Defender, which ignores Regional Formatting completely, displaying everything in U.S-Only formatting of Month/Day/Year. It's concerning because one would assume that the new Windows Defender is like Edge and&nbsp;can only be&nbsp;updated with new OS builds, not incremental patches. If they can't even add surface level features to Edge before the next OS upgrade, how will they fix the Formatting in the new Windows Defender?</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC