We Help Wednesday 4/5

Questions for the show? Drop them here.

Conversation 11 comments

• rob4jen

04 April, 2017 - 12:00 pm

<p>Any tips for improving battery life for Win10 running via Boot Camp on a MacBook Air?</p>

• Suberungoer

Premium Member
    04 April, 2017 - 4:45 pm

<p>Will third party vendors make displays with similar aspect ratio as that of the Surface line of products?</p>

• MacNala

05 April, 2017 - 5:35 am

<p>How do you use ShareX in a OneDrive environment it complains about shortcut keys from OneDrive locking ShareX out?</p>

• Bryan75

Premium Member
    05 April, 2017 - 8:41 am

<p>I used to be on the Insiders Program until the official release of Windows 10. I then opted out of future Insider releases. I updated to the creators update on 4/3 with the ISO files. I never had to opt back into the Insiders program. I noticed Paul's tweet today about opting out of the Insiders Program. The Insiders section of my install says "Get Started". Was I supposed to opt back in before updating? Everything seems to be running fine. Just wanting to make sure I get future non-insider updates.</p>

• anchovylover

05 April, 2017 - 8:55 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#95649">In reply to Bryan75:</a></em></blockquote><p>Bryan, love the dog. :)</p>

• Chris_Kez

Premium Member
      05 April, 2017 - 12:42 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#95649">In reply to Bryan75:</a></em></blockquote><p>Yeah, love the doodle!</p>

• anchovylover

05 April, 2017 - 8:54 am

<p>I'm running Creators Update which I managed to get last week when the link was temporarily posted. Windows Defender tells me to enable ExpressVPN Tap adaptor as it has been disabled. I follow the steps and do so only for the same message to return a couple of days later. This has only started with Creators Update.</p>

• will

Premium Member
    05 April, 2017 - 9:26 am

<p>So what about that Spring Event……………..crickets………………….</p>

• timedrifter

Premium Member
    05 April, 2017 - 9:57 am

<p>I am struggling here guys. I want the Surface Pro 5, but I need a laptop now? Should I keep waiting or bail on MS and get the yoga that is my second choice. SP4 isn't an option, not going with old tech.</p>

• helix2301

Premium Member
    05 April, 2017 - 10:13 am

<p>I see a lot of people using Dropbox I know Paul said he uses Dropbox for his book. Does Dropbox have any advantage over OneDrive?</p>

• Polycrastinator

05 April, 2017 - 10:14 am

<p>Given the current controversy du jour, do you guys use VPN service, and do you have any recommendations, either general or of specific services? I remember a while back there was talk that Microsoft might be rolling some sort of VPN for use when on hotspots into Windows, did that project just disappear?</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC