We Help Wednesday 5/30

The quality of the pictures taken on Paul’s cameras are always high quality (in my view) and I want to replicate this for myself. On the phone, does Paul use automatic settings? or does Paul use advanced mode for each photo and customise the aperture, ISO, shutter speed etc? Is there any post-processing using Photoshop on each image? Please share the secret. I’m currently using the HTC One X9 in Australia with Android 6.0.

Conversation 7 comments

• MattHewitt

Premium Member
    30 May, 2017 - 11:28 pm

<p>Switching to Gmail from Outlook.com. I've gotten all of my mail imported and I'm looking any suggestions or advice for general Gmail workflow or email triage in Gmail. I'm trying to not overthink it too much but with all of the various views I'm afraid I'm going to miss something important.</p><p><br></p><p>Keep up the good work guys.</p><p><br></p><p>(Edited my to remove reference to importing Outlook.com calendars into Google calendars. I figured that out.)</p><p><br></p>

• MattHewitt

Premium Member
      31 May, 2017 - 4:19 pm

<blockquote><a href="#120831"><em>In reply to MattHewitt:</em></a></blockquote><p>Thanks Paul. Inbox works great. I didn't realize that you could use it on the desktop as well. That's pretty much a game changer for me.</p>

• Simard57

31 May, 2017 - 7:18 am

<p>what is the best way to search the Windows Calendar? There is no search option in the Calendar App</p><p>Weird thing is that the online Outlook Calendar does have a search option.</p><p><br></p>

• Paul Thurrott

Premium Member
    31 May, 2017 - 8:33 am

<p>Thanks for posting this, btw. :)</p>

• davidD

Premium Member
    31 May, 2017 - 10:13 am

<p>Having recently switched from Windows Phone to a Moto G5 Plus, do you have any recommendations on the best Android keyboard? I mostly swipe-text, so a keyboard that does this well is preferable. I've found the standard keyboard to be very average with this (like W10 mobile is compared to WP 8.1, which was very good), and there are only 3 word suggestions with this keyboard, compared to WP when you could scroll through suggestions.</p>

• Nic

Premium Member
      31 May, 2017 - 10:45 am

<blockquote><a href="#120920"><em>In reply to davidD:</em></a></blockquote><p>Swiftkey is a solid go to for this. It's overtaken Swype in the last couple of years for quality.</p>

• Polycrastinator

31 May, 2017 - 10:27 am

<p>As the number of 2 factor codes I have to hunt through to find the one I need starts to spiral (with various systems at work, I'm up to a dozen on my phone) I'm considering investing in a Yubikey or similar USB second factor device. Have you ever used one, and do you have any thoughts on them? Something you might consider testing?</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC