We Help Wednesday 9/6

Questions? Drop them here.

Conversation 13 comments

• gvan

05 September, 2017 - 3:52 pm

<p>I would like to purchase an X Box One X in December just in time for Christmas. I would prefer to get it at my local Costco. Do you think their will be a sufficient supply of consoles in December? Do I need to blow out my budget now and order sooner? The tech money I currently have saved up is ear marked for an iPhone 8 and it will take until December to save more money for that X Box. Thanks, Greg (in Bakersfield)</p>

• seabass722

05 September, 2017 - 5:49 pm

<p>Do you know if the Office 365 subscription install limits are different with the Windows Store desktop Office applications? I have an Office 365 personal subscription – good for "1 PC or Mac, 1 tablet and 1 phone" – but through the preview occurring now I installed Centennial Excel, Word, etc on both a desktop and laptop. Are install limits not being imposed during the preview (I don’t have additional devices to try more than 2 installs on my subscription), or maybe the "tablet" device allowed is lenient enough to accept a laptop in its place?</p>

• Sprtfan

06 September, 2017 - 9:43 am

<p>Would a Windows on ARM device suffer the same potential Windows rot that traditional Windows has had? </p><p><br></p><p>Would a WOA device without the emulation layer for win32 fit the needs of the thin client Brad was talking about in his Petri article but maintain the ability to run some apps locally?</p>

• Lewk

Premium Member
    06 September, 2017 - 10:15 am

<p>Have either of you spoken to Microsoft about the UWP situation, and if they're aware at how poor their stock apps are? And if they'll be investing into improving them to be the highest quality apps to show off what the platform is capable of? Because OneNote is exemplary, and it appears to be the only Microsoft app that is taking the UWP platform seriously.</p>

• Chris_Kez

Premium Member
    06 September, 2017 - 11:05 am

<p>Any update on apps that support Compact Overlay? The recent news about PiP support in Android O reminded me that Windows 10 picked this up with the Creator's Update.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC