Apple soon to be worth $2.5 Trillion

Three weeks ago in mid-June, Microsoft joined the ultra-elite league of two — companies with a market capitalisation in excess of $2 trillion.

Shares in Apple ($AAPL) have stormed upwards over the last six weeks, equating to a 20% rise. With investors’ bullishness on Apple, it is streaking away from Microsoft, and Apple shall soon reach the $2.5 trillion net worth milestone imminently (it’s currently worth $2.48 trillion).

Just thought I’ll share this delightful news for those who are depending upon the upward trajectory of $AAPL for their retirement. ? ? ?

Comments (10)

10 responses to “Apple soon to be worth $2.5 Trillion”

1. waethorn

Stocks only go up if they can hit sales targets, and with a looming inflation catastrophe on the horizon, nobody is going to afford their products.

2. wp7mango

I own shares in both Apple and Microsoft. So it's a win-win for me.

3. shark47

Well, if you put your retirement savings int Tesla a few years ago, you probably would be vacationing on your private yacht right now.

4. codymesh

this level of wealth inequality is unsustainable.

• bkkcanuck

Wealth and wealth inequality are not a problem.... the issue for any developed nation is ensuring that the 'middle' wealth is the bulk of society (in all things)... because when you have too many people not 'having skin' in the game, society becomes a lot less stable. Having rich companies, and rich people... not a problem as long as the vast majority of people are poor that they feel they have nothing to lose which leads to instability.

• Daishi

So I’m other words, this level of wealth inequality is unsustainable. Because all of the caveats you put in about when it becomes a problem is exactly what the world is increasingly looking like.

Leave a Reply