Apple soon to be worth $2.5 Trillion

Three weeks ago in mid-June, Microsoft joined the ultra-elite league of two — companies with a market capitalisation in excess of $2 trillion.

Shares in Apple ($AAPL) have stormed upwards over the last six weeks, equating to a 20% rise. With investors’ bullishness on Apple, it is streaking away from Microsoft, and Apple shall soon reach the $2.5 trillion net worth milestone imminently (it’s currently worth $2.48 trillion).

Just thought I’ll share this delightful news for those who are depending upon the upward trajectory of $AAPL for their retirement. ? ? ?

Conversation 10 comments

• waethorn

15 July, 2021 - 12:33 am

<p>Stocks only go up if they can hit sales targets, and with a looming inflation catastrophe on the horizon, nobody is going to afford their products.</p>

• gjsman

15 July, 2021 - 9:47 am

<p>Well, considering how the Stock Market keeps increasing, Investors clearly don’t see that as an issue.</p>

• will

Premium Member
      15 July, 2021 - 12:04 pm

<p>There is always something "looming" on the horizon. Most of the time these things never come to pass however, it is usually something out of the left-field that smacks us.</p>

• Jeffsters

17 July, 2021 - 11:57 am

<p>Yes, Apple is doomed! Doomed! :-P</p>

• wp7mango

15 July, 2021 - 11:33 am

<p>I own shares in both Apple and Microsoft. So it’s a win-win for me.</p>

• will

Premium Member
      15 July, 2021 - 12:02 pm

<p>Same…let them both keep racing forward</p>

• shark47

15 July, 2021 - 3:37 pm

<p>Well, if you put your retirement savings int Tesla a few years ago, you probably would be vacationing on your private yacht right now.</p>

• codymesh

16 July, 2021 - 4:37 am

<p>this level of wealth inequality is unsustainable.</p>

• bkkcanuck

16 July, 2021 - 9:19 am

<p>Wealth and wealth inequality are not a problem…. the issue for any developed nation is ensuring that the ‘middle’ wealth is the bulk of society (in all things)… because when you have too many people not ‘having skin’ in the game, society becomes a lot less stable. Having rich companies, and rich people… not a problem as long as the vast majority of people are poor that they feel they have nothing to lose which leads to instability.</p>

• Daishi

Premium Member
        17 July, 2021 - 12:39 am

<p>So I’m other words, this level of wealth inequality is unsustainable. Because all of the caveats you put in about when it becomes a problem is exactly what the world is increasingly looking like.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC