32" Curved Monitor

Looking for a 32″ Curved Monitor, seen them at Bestbuy and really liked them but are they any good for daily use or just a novelty ? Also looking for a 55″ 4K UHD TV under $700 don’t care about brand name any suggestions.

Thanks

Conversation 5 comments

• aelaan

29 September, 2017 - 8:17 pm

<p>Take a look at the YouTubes of Hardware Canucks or PCPer for what types of monitors to look for. Your TV might be a Vizio or an earlier model LG (lots of models for sale) – look at stores that sell previous models with full warranty. Robert Heron's site (http://www.heronfidelity.com/) has tons of information for you to peruse.</p>

• rortech

30 September, 2017 - 2:58 am

<p>Thanks for the reply but that landed me at pages full of all kinds of tech and the cheapest 55″ 4K UHD TV under $700 was $900 US or $1200 Can</p>

• wright_is

Premium Member
    09 November, 2017 - 5:14 am

<p>I have a 3 monitor setup at work, 2 x 24" + 17" notebook, all FullHD displays. At home I have the Dell 34" curved display on my Spectre x360. It makes a big difference. The lack of black bars between screens is nice and you don't have to move your head as much or refocus as much as with discrete display. </p><p>Also, if you do need full screen for a large worksheet, for example, it automatically takes up the whole display, with multiple monitors, you have to manually stretch it across multiple displays to get the same effect.</p><p>I can't get the boss to justify a single 32"/34" display at work (it still costs as much as 2.5 – 3 normal 24" displays), otherwise I would swap at work as well.</p>

• SteveM

21 November, 2017 - 9:20 am

<p>I've got a Philips 43" 4K Monitor and it's awesome. 4 HD screens in one. It's the BDM4350 if you want to check it out. I've not felt that it needs to be curved at all.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC