Galaxy Fold folds in first 24 hours

Wow, just wow. Three out five reviewers’ Galaxy Fold gave up the ghost within hours.

Conversation 10 comments

• Tiny

Premium Member
    17 April, 2019 - 9:15 pm

<p>Wow, just wow. What reviewers? What does gave up the ghost mean?</p>

• bob_shutts

17 April, 2019 - 10:11 pm

<blockquote><a href="#421656"><em>In reply to Tiny:</em></a><em> Screen split. Google Samsung Fold and limit your search to the last 24 hours. I would post a URL but lots of times this site doesn’t want to cooperate. </em></blockquote><p><br></p>

• simont

Premium Member
    18 April, 2019 - 5:40 am

<p>It does look pretty cool when it worked. I did see some people were removing a plastic screencover that they were not supposed to (and nothing saying that they should not remove).</p><p><br></p><p>Personally I will wait for Gen 2 before considering. And hopefully the price comes down from $1990</p>

• wright_is

Premium Member
      18 April, 2019 - 7:19 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#421690">In reply to simont:</a></em></blockquote><p>Allegedly the instructions that came with the phone said you shouldn't remove the foil… But who RTFMs these days? :-S</p><p>But even those that left the foil on weren't immune to problems, one had a "bump" appear on the fold, which eventually killed the display.</p>

• karlinhigh

Premium Member
        18 April, 2019 - 9:04 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#421694">In reply to wright_is:</a></em></blockquote><p>When I sell laptops to older-generation people, sometimes they expect a manual. I have a standard response: "I don't know of any computer makers that ship manuals anymore. All they'll have is a paper in 8 different languages telling you not to eat the device. The manual's on their website, I'll download and print it for you."</p>

• wright_is

Premium Member
          18 April, 2019 - 9:16 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#421727">In reply to karlinhigh:</a></em></blockquote><p>I still fondly remember the HP MS-DOS manuals that came with their Vectra business PCs in the late 80s, early 90s. 2 A5 ring bound manuals with a couple of hundred pages!</p><p>Or the VAX manuals, a whole wall full of A4 ring bound manuals.</p><p>The great thing about that was, if the PC went titsup (Totally Inability To Search Utility Pages), you could still grab the paper manual and go through the commands and parameters for things like fdisk.</p>

• Paul Thurrott

Premium Member
    18 April, 2019 - 7:33 am

<p>I'm pretty sure there are more than five reviewers with a Galaxy Fold. :)</p>

• bob_shutts

18 April, 2019 - 10:00 am

<blockquote><a href="#421697"><em>In reply to paul-thurrott:</em></a><em> #GalaxyFoldGate is happening. ;)</em></blockquote><p><br></p>

• pvcoco

Premium Member
    18 April, 2019 - 10:50 am

<p>You've got to know when to hold 'em&nbsp;</p><p><strong>Know when to fold 'em</strong>&nbsp;</p><p>Know when to walk away&nbsp;</p><p>And know when to run</p><p><br></p><p>For some reason I'm thinking of this song, lol…</p>

• skane2600

18 April, 2019 - 1:37 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#421752">In reply to pvcoco:</a></em></blockquote><p>I just walked in, to see what condition my folding phone was in.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC