HP Spectre x360 14 (3:2 Display)

You guys don’t seem to have covered this as yet. Big announcement..

HP has released a 14” version in between the 13/15 which is now in the 3:2 display format like Surface.

General tech community consensus was this was the last change needed before declaring this as close to perfect as it gets for laptops. I’m seriously considering the upgrade..

Conversation 4 comments

• jchampeau

Premium Member
    04 October, 2020 - 12:01 am

<p>I wonder if Paul has asked HP for a review unit yet. After using a Surface Laptop 3 with its 3:2 display (light use, anyway) for 10ish months and switching back and forth over that time with a 14” 16:9 Dell Latitude 7490, I find the 3:2 to be too “square-ish” when I need to have a browser window and a Word doc or PDF snapped side-by-side and the 16:9 to be too panoramic when I have just one window open. The 16:10 aspect ratio Dell XPS machines split the difference and that’ll be what I try next.</p>

• dave.erwin

Premium Member
    08 October, 2020 - 10:14 am

<p>I am looking forward to a review of this, hopefully they have sent Paul a unit. I too wonder if I'd prefer 3:2 over 16:10. All I know is I want something other than 16:9. I bought my wife an X360 a couple of years ago and really like the feel of it. I know they have improved them since then.</p>

• Paul Thurrott

Premium Member
    08 October, 2020 - 10:53 am

<p>I've not asked for a review unit, but HP knows I've badgered them for years to do this. 🙂 So I'm hoping.</p>

• mellilewis

08 October, 2020 - 11:33 am

<p>Looks similar to the Asus Lingyao in some respects. These 3:2 3.3K OLED panels in ultra-thin form factors with Intel EVO seem to be the new thing for laptops. Price is also similar.</p><p><br></p><p><a href="https://onlinequote.7pcb.com/&quot; target="_blank">pcb quote</a></p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC