Lenovo Yoga 920

I’m looking for 8th Gen CPU in a new laptop and was considering the Lenovo Yoga 920 (Link) – Non 4K version due to cost. Not for gaming and mostly general use. What do people think?

The Lenovo Yoga 920 is also missing an Ethernet and HDMI port. What adapter do people recommended to gain this capability through a USB-C port? Note that I’m located in Sydney Australia and need something I can purchase from here.

Thanks.

Conversation 8 comments

• rameshthanikodi

20 November, 2017 - 8:33 am

<p>I've heard nothing but good things from Lenovo's Yoga 9xx line of laptops.</p><p><br></p><p>As for the USB-C port…it has Thunderbolt 3, so the best way to get Ethernet and HDMI out of it would be to get a Thunderbolt dongle/dock.</p>

• Lerch

Premium Member
      20 November, 2017 - 4:12 pm

<blockquote><a href="#218339"><em>In reply to FalseAgent:</em></a></blockquote><p>Thanks FalseAgent. Do you have any recommendations for the <span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent;">Thunderbolt dongle/dock</span>? I did find the <strong style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent;">Lenovo USB-C Travel Hub</strong><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent;">, but probably not thunderbolt.</span></p>

• rameshthanikodi

20 November, 2017 - 4:33 pm

<blockquote><a href="#218806"><em>In reply to Lerch:</em></a></blockquote><p>anything that isn't too suspiciously cheap will do.</p>

• ChristopherCollins

Premium Member
    20 November, 2017 - 11:24 pm

<p>Get the 4K version if you go for it. The FHD screen has noticeable pixels and the colors are off a bit. Otherwise, fantastic machine. It has a full size right shift key (finally)</p>

• Lerch

Premium Member
      23 November, 2017 - 5:57 am

<blockquote><a href="#218920"><em>In reply to ChristopherCollins:</em></a></blockquote><p>Thanks ChristopherCollins, I will consider your advice :-)</p>

• AshlyThompson

21 November, 2017 - 6:26 am

<p>Hi Lerch, black friday is coming. Maybe you should wait a little and then buy something with Ethernet and HDMI port included :)</p>

• Lerch

Premium Member
      23 November, 2017 - 5:54 am

<blockquote><a href="#218983"><em>In reply to AshlyThompson:</em></a></blockquote><p><br></p><p>Yes good advice as its my preference to purchase something with HDMI, DVD drive, Ethernet included and I've been looking towards Black Friday for a purchase, but the problem is finding a descent 8th Gen system.</p><p><br></p><p>Lenovo – Thinkpads are only 7th Gen. Yoga has 8th Gen.</p><p>Asus – No 8th Gen systems</p><p>Dell – XPS has endless hardware reliability issues according to many recent reviews</p><p>HP – owned 2 previous machines and they always underperformed their specs.</p><p>MS – Only 7th Gen systems</p><p>Others – Not worth mentioning.</p><p><br></p><p>Choices are very limited.</p>

• Luis Sohal

22 November, 2017 - 6:18 am

<p>For #HotmailpasswordResetOrRecovery Call on &amp;&amp;**866).(877).(9859)__++</p><p>#Outlook Support Number</p><p>#Micrsosoft Support Number</p><p>#Outlook Password&nbsp;</p><p>#OutlookSupport&nbsp;</p><p>#HotmailPasswordRecovery</p><p>#OutlookandMicrosoft Support Phone Number</p><p>Call ***866).(877).(9859&gt;&gt;&gt;</p><p><br></p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC