Pixel 4 Black Friday

Wondering why Paul never waits a month or two for his phone upgrades. He’s always saying he is a pretty normal guy financially. Pixel 3 had all the issues ironed out last year when I grabbed a similar offer. It’s showing up $400 discounted for Black Friday already and fi.google.com always follows suit. Last year their deal was better than any other carrier for the Pixel 3. Surely less people would be nervous buying the thing if Paul would review the devices like a normal person that waits for a half off sale that’s less than 2 months after launch. I don’t know of any tech company that releases anything every year with no issues. Always give a near $1000 piece of technology a month or two to fix the inevitable issues. Apple, Samsung always have problems, not just google.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/11/black-friday-pixel-4-deals-already-discounting-the-phone-by-400/

Edit post

Conversation 3 comments

• minke

09 November, 2019 - 7:32 am

<p>Never buy new tech when it first arrives unless you like being a beta tester and enjoy paying for the privilege. But, for Paul, writing about this stuff, he has to be there from the get-go in order to get us to keep reading. For him it's an investment in his business.</p>

• pargon

Premium Member
      09 November, 2019 - 2:18 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#487563">In reply to Minke:</a></em></blockquote><p>Yes, but Paul's view of the Pixel line is extremely negative because he's always a beta tester. And that's not what most people do. His review 2 months after launch is much more important to me than launch day. Because all the top end phones have issues until the first month's patch. </p><p><br></p><p>My wife and I have had nothing but positive experiences with the Pixel 1, 2, and 3 due to buying right after the issues are fixed and at half price come Black Friday. I don't think anyone would fault Paul for waiting. The much larger news sites already have the same negative reviews on launch day that Paul does. I would personally value his opinions more the way normal people buy technology.</p>

• Bats

09 November, 2019 - 9:19 pm

<p>LOL…..I KNOWWWWWW! Then he sits and complains how the phone is too expensive and that Google didn't have the right to charge a lot for their phone. As if……he (the blogger) has the experience and know-how on how to run a business. Thurrott doesn't know how to handle or spend money. After all, how many Xboxes does he have (lol). He makes a big deal about the camera and how passionate he is about taking pictures. C'mon man….NO Serious photographer uses a camera phone for his hobby or work, rather they use professional grade DSLRs or Mirrorless cameras. If you don;t believe me….go to Youtube and search camera phone vs DSLR.</p><p><br></p><p>I bought my three (3) Pixel 3 XLs on Black Friday, last year, for a little over $400 bucks, which I also used Ebates/Rakuten as well. </p><p><br></p><p>As for me and the Pixel 4XL, so far it looks like I am going to skip this generation, mainly because I plan on jumping ship from VZW to Google Fi and I plan to upgrade everyone in my family to the Pixel 5 XL</p><p><br></p><p><br></p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC