Question for Paul et. al. about S8+ vs Lumia 1520

Between Windows Phone’s fate finally being made officially official (sort of the opposite of “Double-Secret Probation” I guess), and my Lumia 1520’s battery seemingly being barely able to hold a charge anymore, and as I’m long overdue for an AT&T upgrade anyway, I’m looking for a new phone.

I loved the 1520, and I hate Apple, so the S8+ seems like the most sensible choice. However, I remember Paul’s criticism of the 1520’s size, yet when reading some recent articles about the S8+, I couldn’t help but notice that whereas Paul thought the 1520 was too big and would be ridiculous to hold to one’s ear while making a call, the S8+ is a game-changer that, if I read the one comment by Paul correctly, wasn’t big enough.

I swear I’m not trolling here, just really curious – what is it about the S8+ that shields it from the size criticisms the 1520 received? I see that while the S8+’s screen is bigger, the phone is smaller, lighter, and thinner. Is that it?

Thanks in advance for any replies and insights!

Register for this Webinar

Real World Solutions with Virtual Reality
Free Whitepaper Download

VR is being utilized for a surprising number of vital business functions today. In this white paper, you’ll get an overview of VR technology and see how it’s a vital part of many industries today.

Download the free whitepaper!