I’ve used and defended WearOS (Android Wear) for several years now. My first smartwatch was a Samsung Gear and while it was slick and elegant, it just felt limited. So I moved over to WearOS (Android Wear at the time) and while it for sure has had its share of quirks, it “just worked.”
I decided to give Tizen another go with the Galaxy Watch. Here are my first impressions.
- Tizen. I am so sorry for not recommending you. You have matured.
- Samsung Health is miles ahead of Google Fit. There are a lot of options that may be on par with Apple Watch.
- The notifications are far more integrated than I remembered. Most apps on the phone can be mirrored on the watch and you can respond from a wealth of auto responses, use an onscreen keyboard, swipe or do voice to text.
- It is said to have up to 4 days of battery life. I’m ready to see if that is true.
- Waterproof and swim ready. I may put that to the test soon.
- Beautiful screen and intuitive rotating watch face.
I feel I might owe Tizen an apology again when this is all over. Will give it a good shakedown this weekend.