Hello world

Hey everyone,

I am Mehedi, and today I am joining Thurrott.com as the Senior News Editor. I have been writing about Microsoft for around 4 years at MSPoweruser, where I was responsible for breaking the latest news on Windows, Office, and other consumer-oriented products from Redmond. 

At Thurrott, I will thrive to bring you the latest news from the Microsoft world, faster than ever before. Not only you will get to read more about all the latest developments from Redmond, but I’ll also be bringing you the most fascinating and stories from Silicon Valley. I have a couple of scoops every once in a while, so that’ll be exciting too.

I’m incredibly excited — or as Panos Panay would say — pumped to join Paul, Brad, and rest of the Thurrott.com and BWW Media Group team today. Although it’s a bit scary to join such a big publication at the age of 18, it should be a fun ride!

Also, make sure to follow me on Twitter here (note: includes lots and lots of swear words), where I try to be snarky at times and make “good” jokes. And don’t forget to subscribe to Thurrott Premium if you aren’t already, which is now on sale at $48 through the end of this year. 

<3,

Mehedi 

Conversation 25 comments

• jmeiii75

Premium Member
    13 November, 2017 - 11:17 am

<p>Nice to "meet" you, Mehedi. Welcome aboard!!</p>

• ErichK

Premium Member
    13 November, 2017 - 11:51 am

<p>Greetings, welcome to our frat (that's basically what the environment is like around here…) ;-)</p>

• Oasis

Premium Member
    13 November, 2017 - 12:02 pm

<p>Welcome to the Nuthouse….</p>

• Paul Thurrott

Premium Member
    13 November, 2017 - 12:19 pm

<p>Dude, if you need ANYTHING, just remember. Brad is there for you.</p><p><br></p><p>But I kid. Welcome !!</p>

• Tim

Premium Member
    13 November, 2017 - 1:10 pm

<p>Really excited to have you here Mehedi! Just remember, if you ever need anything Brad is there for you.</p>

• Brad Sams

Premium Member
      13 November, 2017 - 3:51 pm

<blockquote><a href="#215335"><em>In reply to Tim:</em></a></blockquote><p>This is why I drink heavily everyone.</p>

• Chris_Kez

Premium Member
    13 November, 2017 - 1:29 pm

<p>Welcome aboard!</p>

• Brandonlpierce

Premium Member
    13 November, 2017 - 1:48 pm

<p>Welcome!</p><p>Also A+ post title. </p>

• anchovylover

13 November, 2017 - 4:28 pm

<p>Welcome Mehedi, judging by your articles at MSPU you will be a fine addition to the team.</p>

• jimchamplin

Premium Member
    13 November, 2017 - 5:19 pm

<p>Fresh meat!!! :D</p><p><br></p><p>Seriously, welcone!</p>

• rameshthanikodi

13 November, 2017 - 6:43 pm

<p>This might be a stupid question, but is Mehedi based in the US like Paul and Brad or is he in the UK?</p>

• Mehedi Hassan

Premium Member
      14 November, 2017 - 4:27 pm

<blockquote><a href="#215645"><em>In reply to FalseAgent:</em></a></blockquote><p><br></p><p>I am in the UK, so you'll start seeing some articles early in the morning 🙂 </p>

• pecosbob04

13 November, 2017 - 8:06 pm

<p>Did the <span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Senior News Editor mean thrive or strive?</span></p><p><br></p>

• George Coll

Premium Member
      13 November, 2017 - 8:37 pm

<blockquote><a href="#215703"><em>In reply to pecosbob04:</em></a></blockquote><p>Kick ass</p>

• pecosbob04

14 November, 2017 - 4:22 pm

<blockquote><a href="#215710"><em>In reply to Georgecoll:</em></a></blockquote><blockquote><em>Your meaning is unclear / ambiguous at least to me. Care to expand on your reply?</em></blockquote><p><br></p>

• George Coll

Premium Member
          14 November, 2017 - 4:29 pm

<blockquote><a href="#216294"><em>In reply to pecosbob04:</em></a></blockquote><p>lol … strive + thrive = kick ass. My apologies for the ambiguity.</p>

• pecosbob04

14 November, 2017 - 5:12 pm

<blockquote><a href="#216296"><em>In reply to Georgecoll:</em></a></blockquote><blockquote><em>Gotcha, now I see what you did there, excellent!</em></blockquote><p><br></p>

• hrlngrv

Premium Member
      13 November, 2017 - 11:30 pm

<blockquote><a href="#215703"><em>In reply to pecosbob04:</em></a></blockquote><p>At least grammar checkers wouldn't have caught that. Malapropism can be amusing.</p>

• Polycrastinator

13 November, 2017 - 10:28 pm

<p>Glad to have you aboard, and looking forward to seeing your content.</p>

• MacLiam

Premium Member
    15 November, 2017 - 3:44 pm

<p>Good to see you here. I enjoyed your articles at MSPU.</p>

• Luis Sohal

22 November, 2017 - 6:32 am

<p>For #HotmailpasswordResetOrRecovery Call on &amp;&amp;**866).(877).(9859)__++</p><p>#Outlook Support Number</p><p>#Micrsosoft Support Number</p><p>#Outlook Password&nbsp;</p><p>#OutlookSupport&nbsp;</p><p>#HotmailPasswordRecovery</p><p>#OutlookandMicrosoft Support Phone Number</p><p>Call ***866).(877).(9859&gt;&gt;&gt;</p><p><br></p>

• Tech_Support

23 November, 2017 - 12:44 am

<p>For #HotmailpasswordResetOrRecovery Call on &amp;&amp;**866).(877).(9859)__++</p><p>#Outlook Support Number</p><p>#Micrsosoft Support Number</p><p>#Outlook Password&nbsp;</p><p>#OutlookSupport&nbsp;</p><p>#HotmailPasswordRecovery</p><p>#OutlookandMicrosoft Support Phone Number</p><p>Call ***866).(877).(9859&gt;&gt;&gt;</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC