How to stop window 10 auto update problem permanently?

How to stop window 10 auto update problem permanently?

When I was buy window 10 HP laptop then I can not know that I also buy a one of the biggest problem that is auto update problem. I starting when I start my system, So I had to deal with this problem. But now I have a solution to stop them for few time period. I want to share a little bit or say temporary solution with all of those candidates who have same problem.

Follow these steps to close your window 10 auto update problem

Press window+R.

Enter services.msc

scroll down and double click on window update and stop them.

Hope this method help you to close your window 10 auto update problem. If you have any query then please comment.

Conversation 27 comments

• codymesh

14 October, 2019 - 8:02 am

<p>lmao</p>

• Winner

14 October, 2019 - 4:12 pm

<p>1 – MacOS</p><p>2 – Linux</p>

• illuminated

16 October, 2019 - 5:27 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#480564">In reply to Winner:</a></em></blockquote><p>So they never get any updates?</p>

• Winner

16 October, 2019 - 10:42 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#481292">In reply to illuminated:</a></em></blockquote><p>You know the issue isn't updates, it's spontaneous reboots.</p><p>That's why the OP mentioned "auto" updates.</p>

• Greg Green

17 October, 2019 - 8:43 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#481292">In reply to illuminated:</a></em></blockquote><p>Apparently you’re not <em>well</em> illuminated.</p>

• anderb

Premium Member
    14 October, 2019 - 7:31 pm

<p>Step 1: Buy Windows 8.1 dvd from ebay.</p><p>Step 2: Install over Windows 10.</p><p>Step 3: Forget about Windows 10 until January 2023.</p>

• waethorn

15 October, 2019 - 9:57 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#480629">In reply to anderb:</a></em></blockquote><p>Um. Windows 8.1 has the same Cumulative Update mess now, ever since they unified the update process from Windows 7 – 10.</p>

• ghostrider

16 October, 2019 - 2:52 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#480840">In reply to Waethorn:</a></em></blockquote><p>Yes, cumulative updates, but you have full control over them – they're not rammed down your throat. This comment is right – 8.1 is a worthwhile choice right now, and is supported for another 3 years.</p>

• waethorn

16 October, 2019 - 10:10 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#481102">In reply to ghostrider:</a></em></blockquote><p>Everything you can do in Windows 8.1 can be done far better in Windows 10 LTSC.</p>

• jean

17 October, 2019 - 6:21 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#481169">In reply to Waethorn:</a></em></blockquote><p>you might want to ask yourself the following question "how am I going to upgrade 2015 LTSB to 2019 LTSC (or any newer in a few years) ?"</p>

• waethorn

17 October, 2019 - 12:53 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#481383">In reply to jean:</a></em></blockquote><p><br></p><p>You don't need to – that's the point. You get security updates for 10 years with any version. Your hardware will probably fail before you need to upgrade the software.</p>

• garethb

Premium Member
    14 October, 2019 - 11:05 pm

<p>OK, now install several pieces of Anti-malware tools and some over-zealous anti-virus to try to prevent infections.</p><p><br></p><p>…oh, and make a Ghost image so you can get a working machine back once you get totally pwned.</p><p><br></p><p>After all, there's nothing like living in the 90's!</p>

• StevenLayton

15 October, 2019 - 7:22 am

<p>I'm not sure if that post is supposed to be a joke or not.</p><p><br></p><p>If not a joke, your other option might be to just not connect to the Internet ever again. That'll stop those pesky updates.</p>

• wright_is

Premium Member
      15 October, 2019 - 7:38 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#480779">In reply to StevenLayton:</a></em></blockquote><p>If you aren't installing the updates, the PC shouldn't be let anywhere near a network, let alone one with an Internet connection!</p>

• klhyvcfxe2 vtni56y

15 October, 2019 - 3:39 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#480779">In reply to StevenLayton:</a></em></blockquote><p><br></p><p>I think it's actually a spammer — this is to make sure the account can post with no delay.</p><p><br></p><p><br></p>

• madthinus

Premium Member
    15 October, 2019 - 7:52 am

<p>Honestly, I find the complaining about updates tiresome. You know when they are being release, every second Tuesday of the month. You know when feature updates are coming. You can pretty much plan and trigger them when you want them. In 1903 this issue has been solved. So please, sure, turn off the updates if you please, but understand it is not a good decision nor is it needed. </p>

• waethorn

15 October, 2019 - 9:58 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#480783">In reply to madthinus:</a></em></blockquote><p>No they're not. There is no Patch Tuesday anymore. They're released when they're released. Microsoft threw the structured schedule out the window.</p>

• madthinus

Premium Member
        16 October, 2019 - 6:24 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#480841">In reply to Waethorn:</a></em></blockquote><p>Only the updates on Patch Tuesday are required. The other come through as optional updates and is rolled into the next patch Tuesday. Most of them you will not see, unless you check for updates manually. If you are in a business, there is plenty of tools available to manage these. If you are a home user, you too have choices between delay, pause and scheduling active hours. </p><p><br></p><p>We live in a world where we are connected and vulnerabilities spread quick and fast. You can have this guys approach, turn it off and stick you head in the sand, or you get yourself informed, and you become proactive about the updates. You reading this site tell me you get your information proactively. So please, enough already. This notion of "Surprise, here is an update, and here is an update, and here is an update" is non-sense. The amount of times that Microsoft rolls out an out of bound critical update that trigger an restart is a handful. </p><p><br></p><p>Maybe I am just super proactive about updates. I manually check after 20:00 on patch Tuesday for my updates, I trigger my Office ones thereafter. I am then patched. I then don't worry about it and I have never had a weird issue. So mileage may vary. </p>

• waethorn

16 October, 2019 - 10:11 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#481127">In reply to madthinus:</a></em></blockquote><p>There is no Patch Tuesday anymore.</p>

• ghostrider

16 October, 2019 - 2:49 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#480783">In reply to madthinus:</a></em></blockquote><p>Really? MS are releasing Win10 out-of-band updates pretty much continuously – it's not just patch Tuesday anymore. The main reason is because the updates are so buggy now, they need to release other updates to try and fix them – but those updates are breaking other things in the process. Believe me, the issues with 1903 are far from over – it's been a disaster. The 'quality' of WIndows updates right now are pretty low – but now everyone running 1903 can look forward to 19H2, and see what new problems that brings.</p>

• illuminated

16 October, 2019 - 5:31 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#480783">In reply to madthinus:</a></em></blockquote><p>Agree that there is too much whining going on. I have an android tablet that is supposedly awesome but if I turn it on after couple of weeks I get so many updates that I cannot use it 10 or more minutes. Sometimes it wants to reboot, sometimes it does not. Updates are everywhere. Every software developer pushes their software updates all the time. </p>

• Greg Green

17 October, 2019 - 8:40 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#481294">In reply to illuminated:</a></em></blockquote><p>Sounds like Windows and Android are a mess. As much as I think iOS software is not as solid as it used to be, I’ve never had your problem with my iPad.</p>

• bluvg

15 October, 2019 - 2:39 pm

<p>Another interesting behavior I stumbled upon: </p><ul><li>Open Notepad and type some text, but don't save it</li><li>When Windows tries to shutdown to install updates, it will produce several dialog boxes that it can't shutdown because of Notepad</li><li>You can just leave Notepad open and unsaved until you're ready to reboot</li></ul>

• Lordbaal

15 October, 2019 - 3:57 pm

<p>Use active hours. It will download the update, but not install it.</p>

• jimchamplin

Premium Member
    16 October, 2019 - 12:59 pm

<p>Use Linux.</p><p><br></p><p>Seriously, the entire idea of disabling updates is pure lunacy. </p>

• illuminated

16 October, 2019 - 5:25 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#481227">In reply to jimchamplin:</a></em></blockquote><p>Awesome. Linux never gets any updates /s</p>

• jimchamplin

Premium Member
        17 October, 2019 - 1:07 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#481291">In reply to illuminated:</a></em></blockquote><p>I never said anything about not getting updates. I said how to not get Windows updates. </p><p><br></p><p>It's called levity.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC