Wifi Problems in Windows 10 1903?

Is anyone here, experiencing WiFi issues, after installing Windows 10 1903?

I noticed, after installing 1903 on my ThinkPad T470, and Dell XPS desktop. The WiFi just randomly disconnects.

I never experienced this, using Windows 10 1803.

Conversation 7 comments

• jumpingjackflash5

26 June, 2019 - 12:21 am

<p>Check if the new build did not install also another version of wifi driver. Unfortunately sometimes this happens.</p>

• wright_is

Premium Member
    26 June, 2019 - 12:39 am

<p>I don't really use Wi-Fi, only my old Spectre x360 uses wi-fi regularly and apart from some throughput testing to test a new mesh AP, I haven't really used it.</p><p>Everything else is connected via cable. But I know that Intel had some problems with wi-fi and in the last 2 months, I've probably had about a dozen Wi-fi and Bluetooth updates on my ThinkPad T480.</p>

• rvanallen

Premium Member
    26 June, 2019 - 10:29 am

<p>Yes, typically after cold boot and within 10-minutes Dell tower will disconnect. Requires reset of adaptor or reboot. Hardware is Dell Wireless 1502 802.11b|g|n. Have been tshooting this for a couple of weeks now. Have a laundry list of items I have tried. All drivers are current, Wi-Fi business grade, disabled power management, and "should" be working fine. Win10 v1903 seems to be the only change.</p><p><br></p><p>=====</p><p><br></p><p>Guarded <em>RESOLVED </em>/ 07-04-19</p><p><br></p><p>This is an update to my original post.&nbsp;Since that time, the following tshoot steps have occurred with positive results:</p><p><br></p><p>– MS KB4501375 + KB4502584 received&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>– MS Forums tshoot reference&nbsp;&nbsp;=&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-networking/what-is-microsoft-kernel-debug-network-adapter/f72b8408-e4f7-4593-9e18-8cbb3e38a5ad&quot; target="_blank">http://tinyurl.com/y6zbvu7z</a></p><p><br></p><p>– Per MS Forum post, turned off logging&nbsp; &lt; bcdedit /debug off &gt;</p><p><br></p><p>– Disabled then later removed “Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter” (Device Manager, show hidden)</p><p><br></p><p>– Disabled every instance of Power Management in Device Manager (physical + virtual)</p><p><br></p><p>– While working within Device Manager, removed multiple unused print queues</p><p><br></p><p>Have had 6+ days, including cold boots in-between, without random Wi-Fi disconnects related issues.&nbsp;I use the word “guarded resolved” as we all know it’s always a crap shoot with MS "features" rolling in.&nbsp;Hopefully this information proves positive for you as well.</p>

• Patrick3D

26 June, 2019 - 4:56 pm

<p>Haven't experienced it myself but try disabling power management on the Wi-Fi driver to prevent windows from putting the device to sleep. You can also check the driver to see what it's connecting through internally and disable power management on that (PCIe bus or USB Root Hub.)</p>

• Lauren Glenn

03 July, 2019 - 12:19 am

<p>My wifi used to disconnect often when it got hot. I ended up switching to a USB dongle wifi to counter this problem. Every laptop I've had with an internal wifi does this (except for my recent Fujitsu machines — which I love)… but all my other ones do this periodically. </p><p><br></p>

• epguy40

03 July, 2019 - 8:45 am

<p>which version or "machine type" of the Lenovo Thinkpad T470 are you using, POLLOLOCO51?</p><p>There are new <a href="https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-T-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-T470/downloads/DS505144&quot; target="_blank">Intel Wifi drivers</a> posted for the Thinkpad T470 (if machine type is 20HD or 20HE)</p><p>otherwise, you could try installing this updated Intel WiFi driver from <a href="https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28876/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters?product=99445&quot; target="_blank">Intel's web site</a></p><p><br></p>

• waethorn

03 July, 2019 - 9:35 am

<p>Broadcom, Qualcomm, or Realtek?</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC