Android 9 (Pie) – Got It on my Pixel Already

Android 9 (Pie) is here and my Pixel 2 XL just got the OTA, so it is downloading and about to install.

Anyone else get it?

Conversation 12 comments

• fivenorth

06 August, 2018 - 2:25 pm

<p>Not yet. Were you on the beta?</p>

• wolters

Premium Member
      06 August, 2018 - 3:00 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#299848">In reply to fivenorth:</a></em></blockquote><p>No, never did the beta. I did check for update like 5-6 times in a row…waited and tried again and it came through. I'm even on a Verizon model.</p>

• Martin Pelletier

Premium Member
        06 August, 2018 - 3:12 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#299856">In reply to wolters:</a></em></blockquote><p>I guess Samsung will take over 8 months to deliver this update :)</p>

• fivenorth

06 August, 2018 - 4:20 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#299856">In reply to wolters:</a></em></blockquote><p>Cool. I had heard that the initial availability was for users on the beta. Must just be the usual staged rollout. I'm on Fi, so hopefully soon. :)</p>

• wolters

Premium Member
        06 August, 2018 - 6:01 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#299856">In reply to wolters:</a></em></blockquote><p>I'm most likely going to do a factory reset in a few days. Usually like doing that after a major OS upgrade. </p>

• Crypto

06 August, 2018 - 5:48 pm

<p>Yup just got it on my Pixel 2 XL on Verizon</p>

• Sprtfan

18 August, 2018 - 10:21 pm

<p>How has the update gone for you? I got it on my Pixel but didn't install it since I read there was an issue with Android 9 slowing down charging on Pixel phones. </p>

• Polycrastinator

20 August, 2018 - 10:06 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#302828">In reply to Sprtfan:</a></em></blockquote><p>FWIW, my wife has an original Pixel, and installed. It still charges, just not as quick as it could, but she's found battery life and performance is noticeably improved, so it is worth getting.</p>

• Sprtfan

20 August, 2018 - 11:22 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#302994">In reply to Polycrastinator:</a></em></blockquote><p>Thanks, I'll give it a shot. Hopefully they'll have a fix for the charging issue soon too.</p>

• nicholas_kathrein

20 August, 2018 - 11:16 am

<p>I was on the beta. I got it about two days after the official release by going to settings and checking for software updates. It was only 50 mb. Works great. As a hidden feature that almost no one knows about go to settings / security &amp; location / lock screen preferences and turn on "Show lockdown option". When you hold the power button down to turn off the phone you'll now get an option to lockdown the phone so the finger print reader no longer works. When you fly or get pulled over or anytime you're worried about this type of thing you can turn it on.</p>

• Alexander Rothacker

Premium Member
    21 August, 2018 - 2:37 pm

<p>My son got it on his Essential Ph-1 about a week ago, works like a charm. OTOH, my LG G6 is on 8.0 and I have my doubts it will ever see Pie :(</p>

• goodbar

Premium Member
      01 September, 2018 - 10:18 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#303319">In reply to earlster:</a></em></blockquote><p>I know they are going out of business, but I still picked up a essential ph-1 Halo gray from Amazon for like $300, it sounds like Oreo and pie fixed most of the original gripes and for that price it's still a steal even a year later. </p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC