Nexus 5x Replacement in 2017

Hello,

I am seeking a replacement for my 16GB Nexus 5x in 2017.  Would like to pay under $400 and needs to run it on Verizon.  Finally would like to get above 16GB storage and have a Snapdragon 8xx process.

Right now leaning towards ZTE Axon 7.  But wondering if i should wait for anything coming up in the next 6 months instead.

Conversation 5 comments

Premium Member
    15 January, 2017 - 11:39 am

<p>Verizon is the sticking point here. If it weren’t for that, I’d recommend looking at the OnePlus 3T. It’s a bit over $400 to start, but has gotten great reviews and should last a while. &nbsp;But … Verizon.</p>
    <p>Is there a reason to even replace the 5X? (Beyond storage, I guess.)</p>

15 January, 2017 - 12:04 pm

<p>Paul,&nbsp;</p>
    <p>Thank you for your reply, I also liked the OnePlus3T, but the non CDMA compatibility was the main sticking point. Yes its mainly the storage, I don’t take a great deal of pictures or have a lot of apps but I still have been slowly losing space and have about 1.5 GB left. &nbsp;Likely will need a phone this year and loved the Nexus because of the blend of performance and price. Now with the Nexus no longer being an option I’m looking for the next best option.&nbsp;</p>

Premium Member
    15 January, 2017 - 4:23 pm

<p>This may be too low-end, but the Moto G4 Plus is inexpensive and works with Verizon. I guess it’s technically a mid-level phone (Snapdragon 617 based).</p>
    <p>https://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-g-plus</p&gt;

30 January, 2017 - 1:15 am

30 January, 2017 - 11:37 am

<p>How long can you wait. There may better choices by June or July. If you purchase now your buying last years phones and if you wait for the same price you could get a much better phone.&nbsp;</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC