Pixel 6 Pro Bluetooth Calling Woes

howdy everyone,

I have a Pixel 6 Pro (actually I have had 3!) where the Bluetooth connection to my cars and earbuds simply disconnects “in the middle of calls”. I have this issue in 3 different cars and 3 different earbud brands. I have attempted everything imaginable: factory resets, unpairing all Bluetooth devices and then re-pairing, ensuring I have the latest system updates, etc … No luck.

I have reached out to Google on several occasions and go around in circles with them. Aside from this issue, I really like this phone. There have been a few quirky bugs but they are tolerable. The phone disconnecting is not tolerable.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

George

Conversation 6 comments

• Paul Thurrott

Premium Member
    07 March, 2022 - 2:08 pm
  • George Coll

Premium Member
    07 March, 2022 - 2:09 pm

<p>will give that a shot!</p>

• phytio

Premium Member
    07 March, 2022 - 5:34 pm

<p>I had similar problems making calls whilst driving connected to bluetooth accessories. Today I made a call and it didn’t drop, which is hardly conclusive, but I can’t remember the last time that happened. <span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">There have been so many updates (system and app updates), so maybe somewhere along the line they fixed the issue, but o</span>ne thing I tried that may or may not have helped was setting up an esim, rather than a physical one. Hope you work it out…</p>

• George Coll

Premium Member
      08 March, 2022 - 9:08 am

<p>Thanks, I will try that as well!</p>

• wright_is

Premium Member
    09 March, 2022 - 12:22 am

<p>Are the bluetooth devices up to date? Doubtful, when it is across so many devices, but I had problems with all our Android smartphones in the car, it would suddenly drop the BT connection and the phone would switch to the internal speaker, or there would be silence for a minute or so, then it would come back.</p><p><br></p><p>In the end, I went back to the dealer and they installed an update for the entertainment system and all phones have worked flawlessly since. (Update was free, I had to pay 25€ for the mechanic’s time.</p><p><br></p><p>As I said, unlikely in your case, but just putting it out there, for anyone who has similar problems with a car or BT headphones.</p>

• George Coll

Premium Member
      17 March, 2022 - 9:39 am

<p>Thanks I’m still digging into the issue. It is strange because multiple brands of vehicles are having the issue and as I’ve mentioned, I’ve gone through three brand new pixel 6 pros.</p><p><br></p><p>It doesn’t appear that the fix that Paul mentioned above. His worked unfortunately.</p><p><br></p><p>I can tell you that the support process with Google is a terrible experience and frustrating.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC