Is Windows 11 stealing Google’s stolen private data?

In one of the recent insider updates there was a change to what used to be the Weather app. It’s actually just the weather widget now I guess. As a side note I did click on one article in it and it tried to go to a site that my security software didn’t like. Nice first impression there Microsoft!

That aside, the weather widget did something interesting. It showed weather for several places. One was where I live in KY. One where I often visit family in Georgia.

The third, however, is where things get interesting. I’ve never been there. It’s a town in Florida. I’ve only ever seen or heard of that town in one place.

Google Earth.

I was looking around south of Sarasota recently and actually put a location pin in it in Google Earth. That is my one and only connection with the place. Never been within 100 miles of it. I’ve never discussed it out loud or online with anyone.

This leads me to three possible scenarios.

1. Microsoft and Google are sharing my private data (not bloody likely) or Microsoft is somehow tapping into it.
  2. Windows 11 is monitoring my network traffic between Google Earth Pro and Google and using it for marketing.
  3. Windows 11 is reading the Google Earth cache stored locally on my PC and using it for marketing.

NONE OF THOSE POSSIBILITIES ARE EVEN REMOTELY ACCEPTABLE!

As you might guess I’m pretty furious about this. Does anyone know any other ways Windows can get this data?

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC