Audio Issues in Windows 10

Hello

I have a Dell XPS 8500. I have been experiencing audio issues in Windows 10. When I am watching a YouTube video, pause it, go away to another tab, and then come back. The audio is super high and distorted. Then I press the volume on the keyboard, and the volume becomes normal again. This happens when using headphones also, like in Microsoft Groove. The audio quality using headphones, is not as good as it should normally be.

What could causing this issue? Thanks

Conversation 2 comments

• rameshthanikodi

20 February, 2017 - 8:15 am

<p>it could be some audio-levelling software or some other audio "enhancement" software that is on your laptop. Try turning off all audio enhancements?</p>

• polloloco51

20 February, 2017 - 10:36 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#43640">In reply to rameshthanikodi:</a></em></blockquote><p>The XPS 8500 (desktop) has Dell Audio installed, rather than the Realtek. I have tried disabling and enabling any enhancements to no avail. I have read others are experiencing this issue as well, and have tried installing the Realtek software, rather than Dell, but was not effective. I think this audio issue, may be a Windows 10 issue with the Dell XPS 8500, but I am not 100% sure. </p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC