Logitech TouchPad T650 on Windows 10

Hey all – I purchased a Logitech TouchPad T650 back when I was running Windows 8 and was, initially, happy that the pad seemed to work properly on Windows 10. Obviously, I’ve since discovered that none of the navigation gestures that the TouchPad supported under Windows 8 (swipe up with 3 fingers to switch apps, etc). 

To make it more irritating, when you plug in the Logitech sensor that the TouchPad connects to, the SetPoint app automatically installs and there doesn’t seem to be any way to override it or whatever.

So – I’m hoping there’s either a 3rd party driver that someone has put together, or some setting in Windows 10 that I’ve missed, that will re-enable those gestures.

Thanks in advance!

Conversation 5 comments

Premium Member
    10 February, 2017 - 4:19 pm

<p>I had to uninstall the SetPoint app and then reinstall.&nbsp; This gave me the mouse tab, which was initially missing.&nbsp; Also had to apply a firmware update (41.001.0038)&nbsp;to the pad using the unifying software.&nbsp; Once I did that, the gestures worked and I could use the app to adjust their behavior.&nbsp; I do wish it were a precision touchpad and it worked with the precision touchpad gestures without the need to install the Logitech drivers and software.&nbsp; Oddly some work without the drivers installed, but not all.&nbsp; While many of Logitech’s are the same, some just aren’t.&nbsp; For example, I can’t get three finger swipe up to trigger app switching.&nbsp; And one I really&nbsp;love, two fingers to swipe back in the browser, isn’t there.</p>
    <p>It doesn’t look like Logitech is doing much with this device these days.&nbsp; I’d say it’s days are numbered.&nbsp; We probably won’t see any other updates to improve compatibility.&nbsp; Sad as it is a nice device and I’m more accustom to it now that I have other devices with precision touchpads.</p>

10 February, 2017 - 5:27 pm

<p>Not sure what gestures you’re talking about ? i have the T650 here and it works perfect without any Logitech crap installed (2 fingers scroll, 2 fingers tap, 3 fingers swipe left/right in brower for page bw/fw). I got the prompt to install the logitech software but just ignored it.</p>
    <p>But you reminded me that I installed a firmware found on the logitech forum, which wasnt the same as the one listed on the product page. Not sure how to find it though…</p>

• Jeremy Wong

19 February, 2017 - 6:38 pm

<p>I have a AutoHotKey script to "hack in" some of the Windows 10 gestures (Virtual desktop switching + Action Centre). It's far from perfect nor ideal. e.g. I haven't been able to get the 3 fingers up gesture to trigger the Task View. <span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">It really sucks how Logitech have not enabled Windows 10 gestures for the T650 in their SetPoint software!</span></p><p>Link: <span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">https://gist.github.com/navhaxs/5bd16258f5383db3e941eb25377e3bff</span></p><p><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">(You need SetPoint in Windows 8 compatibility mode, I think. The blog linked from that page has instructions)</span></p>

• jones23

13 August, 2017 - 12:50 pm

<p>this works!</p><p><br></p><p>https://www.reddit.com/r/Surface/comments/5821q0/psa_logitech_t650_touchpad_fix_for_windows_10/</p><p>fixes 3 fingers up to switch apps by enabling win 7 compatibility mode for setpoint</p>

• cassiegriffin

14 September, 2018 - 12:56 pm

<p>You can change it window 8 becuase window is not compitable with touchpad and roll back with your driver. Check it <a href="https://babasupport.org/hp/hp-laptop-touchpad-not-working/&quot; target="_blank">https://babasupport.org/hp/hp-laptop-touchpad-not-working/</a&gt; for more help</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC