Stalled Band 2 Repair/Replacement

Anyone experienced delays getting their Band 2 repaired/replaced?

I recently sent my Band 2 in for repair/replacement due to the strap cracking.  Microsoft has had it for over two weeks now and I have not received a replacement or gotten any unsolicited update.  Their standard email indicates a turnaround of a few days.  We’re well beyond that.

I chatted with a support person this past weekend to check in on it.  I was told they were having a difficult time finding replacement parts or devices.  She said they may just issue a refund based on recent pricing.  She couldn’t tell me when they would arrive at a decision on repair, replacement, or refund.  That’s frustrating. She did escalate the repair, whatever that means.

Between my Band 1 and Band 2, I’ve gone through this process five times.  This is the first time I’ve seen a delay like this.  I guess they cleared everything out when they decided to discontinue the device.  If they can’t repair the device within 7-10 days, they should just issue a refund.  That’s the right thing to do.

Register for this Webinar

How Replication Supports Your Company’s RTOs & RPOs
Join us for this free webinar

Can you have your workloads running within the agreed RTOs? Join this webinar with expert speakers from Veeam to exceed business objectives with an RPTO<15 min for ALL of your application and data.

Thursday, December 14, 2017 at 11 a.m EST