Sub 10" Tablet

Any suggestions on a good 10″ Tablet or under. I usually use a Pixel C or my Chromebook but I need to occasionally use Internet Explorer for one of my applications. I would like something I could put the Chrome Browser on and can actually handle Chrome. Other then that it doesn’t need to do much as I mostly surf the internet while I travel. 

Conversation 5 comments

07 January, 2017 - 11:34 pm

<p>I use a HP Stream 8 tablet, which has an Intel Z3735 Atom chip, 1 GB RAM and an 8" screen at 1280×800 resolution. Decent enough for browsing, and 8" is a better size than a 7" screen (though this is down to individual preferences).</p>

09 January, 2017 - 6:22 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#34549">In reply to </a><a href="../../../../users/arunphilip">arunphilip</a><a href="#34549">:</a></em></blockquote>
      <p>Do you know any update on Surface 10" ? I like this form factor due to its light weight and if with latest Intel ship, it will be perfect for me.</p>
      <p>I just use it for my daily work with simple MS office suite which is very essential for me with internet ?</p>

09 January, 2017 - 1:16 pm

<p>I have a NuVision 8" windows tablet. I would not recommend it though because the battery life is not what I was hoping for. It used to be totally unacceptable until I reset and reinstalled W10. It is not Bad</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>pass on the NuVision – they do not support the power states I expect from a Windows platform</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>

Premium Member
    10 January, 2017 - 12:50 am

<p>MS Store has a detachable HP 2-in-one for $179 that looks very nice! I’m not sure on the size, it may be 10" though.</p>

10 January, 2017 - 8:57 am

<p>I recently picked up the&nbsp;ASUS Transformer Mini T102HA from the Microsoft store. With the included active pen and keyboard, it’s a solid deal. I read many reviews stating how slow the device is, but I’m glad I didn’t buy into them. I’m a mostly basic user. OneNote, Office 2016, some Steam applications, and this thing flies for my use. I will admit I’ve been using Edge and have not loaded Chrome on it yet, so I can’t tell you how well it handles Chrome. It’s extremely small and portable and the battery life lasts all day. At least it has in my use case. I would definitely recommend checking it out.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC