Surface Studio 2 Pushed Back

Not sure if anyone else experienced this today, but I had a Microsoft rep call this afternoon to let me know that they were having manufacturing issues with Surface Studio 2. I had pre-ordered right away, and was showing an expected delivery of 10/16 (today), but got the phone call that it was being pushed back to 11/15. He also said they are calling everyone who pre-ordered today to let them know. I’m assuming its a screen issue? Anyway, thought I’d share and ask if anybody else heard anything.

Conversation 7 comments

• Tony Barrett

17 October, 2018 - 9:07 am

<p>No, I'd say you're the only one. I can only guess your a 'professional', because nobody else with any sense would spend that much a PC – especially a Surface Studio, and this 'new' version actually contains some pretty dated internals.</p>

• ryguy

Premium Member
      17 October, 2018 - 9:14 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#354139">In reply to ghostrider:</a></em></blockquote><p>That's correct – this is definitely NOT my personal machine! Wouldn't spend my own money on one, but I'm pretty excited to get my hands on this thing.</p>

• lwetzel

Premium Member
      18 October, 2018 - 9:55 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#354139">In reply to ghostrider:</a></em></blockquote><p>All roses and sun shine for you isn't it.</p>

• Brad Sams

Premium Member
    17 October, 2018 - 11:53 am

<p>Wasn't the release date always 11/15? </p>

• ryguy

Premium Member
      17 October, 2018 - 12:37 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#354217">In reply to brad-sams:</a></em></blockquote><p>I had a release date of 10/16, and then it slipped to 11/15 pretty quickly. Maybe it was a bug all along, but they emailed/called saying that it was a manufacturing issue and that official release has been pushed to 11/15.</p>

• Brad Sams

Premium Member
        17 October, 2018 - 4:07 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#354240">In reply to ryguy:</a></em></blockquote><p><br></p><p>Odd, do you have the email where they say it's a manufacturing issue? </p>

• ryguy

Premium Member
          17 October, 2018 - 5:10 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#354334">In reply to brad-sams:</a></em></blockquote><p>Here's the language they used in the email – only mentioned supplier manufacturing issues on the phone:</p><p><br></p><p>"This email is regarding the conversation we had today over the telephone about your order XXX placed recently at the Microsoft Online Store. We apologize for the delay in getting this message to you, but we wanted to inform you that an issue prevented the shipment of your order by the expected ship date of October 16th. Your order is now expected to ship by November 15th. The launch date for your product has been pushed back to November 15th.&nbsp;If you have any questions, please call us at 1-877-696-7786 and we will be happy to help you.&nbsp;"</p><p><br></p><p>Again, doesn't seem like a huge surprise or anything, just thought it was odd that they were calling people about it – the Microsoft store still shows the expected delivery date as yesterday, BTW. </p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC