Upgrade Surface Book 2 to 1809?

Anyone upgraded a Surface Book 2 to 1809? Any problems?

I just set up a new Intel NUC8i5BEH after our seven year old family computer died. Went through a couple of iterations of Windows installs, first with 1803 and then with 1809. 1809 was easier and it recognized the Intel Wi-Fi adapter built into the NUC, which was nice. Have to admit, I like some of the refinements and the option for a dark background in File Explorer in 1809. It’s not a must have, but after using it a bit, I’m considering it on my Surface Book.

Surface Book is my daily driver, so I don’t want 1809 on it if it is terribly unstable. 1809 seems stable on the NUC, but I haven’t used enough to really get a good feel. Hoping someone in the community has installed an used it enough to form an opinion on stability. Has Microsoft gotten the biggest issues resolved?

Conversation 5 comments

• MacLiam

Premium Member
    30 December, 2018 - 11:50 am

<p>I have a 15-inch Book 2 that I updated to 1809 at the time of the original October release. I did not have at that time, nor have I had since, any of the problems that were widely reported; nor did I have the data desruction problem that I experienced on my Studio when I tried to update that machine at that time. I am still running 1803 on the Studio after rolling back from 1809. I am in no hurry to reinstall 1809 on that machine, even though I know it is likely to work in a non-destructive fashion this time around. I am in fact still slowly recreating some of the Turbo Tax and Quicken files that were destroyed — along with their backups — at that time.</p>

• Brad Sams

Premium Member
    30 December, 2018 - 2:21 pm

<p>I have 1809 on my SB2, no issues (so far). </p>

• robincapper

02 January, 2019 - 5:38 pm

<p>I have it on my SB 2 15 with no problems since pre-xmas (including desktop Quicken @macliam)</p>

• christian.hvid

03 January, 2019 - 5:34 am

<p>Been running 1809 on my SB2 (13.5"/i7/16GB/512GB) for about a month. No issues at all.</p>

• jwpear

Premium Member
    03 January, 2019 - 6:56 am

<p>Pulled the trigger on 1809 a couple of days ago and all seems well. Thanks for the info.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC