Latest Mobile Insider Preview build…(15031)

Hey, I have an unlocked Lumia 640XL (Dual Sim) that I just upgraded to the latest Insider build. However, when it was complete, there was absolutely no apps on my phone. Groove, Mail and Calendar, Maps, XBox, Office, ect ect.

I went to the store, and, I can download every one of those apps, It was just odd getting to the Home screen after the update with nothing but the Phone and Messaging tiles on there.

Was this just a fluke or have others experienced this?

All things aside… I feel like Microsoft just gave me a “Signature Edition” phone… with nothing on it… 🙂

Conversation 2 comments

• Lewk

Premium Member
    20 February, 2017 - 11:04 pm

<p>Upgrading to this build from the previous one I experienced a similar thing where about 8 of the pre-installed apps disappeared and I too had to re-download them from the store. So yes, this is a bug with this build.</p>

• jimchamplin

Premium Member
    21 February, 2017 - 9:17 am

<p>On my 640, installing 15025 from a 14xxx build, it rebooted me into&nbsp;a blank and unresponsive screen. Just the onscreen controls at the bottom and the status bar at the top.</p><p>Now I wonder if this is what was going on. I'll have to charge it back up to see.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC