Lumia 550 vs. 650

I have a SIM card from work (and a Moto G4 2nd gen which I really don’t want to use) and the only thing I still need it for is work-related international calling. 

Thus, I’m contemplating getting a Windows 10 Mobile device since apps don’t matter (have a good Android main phone for that) and it would be nice to have smthn different on my desk for such usage. I guess I also would like to get in a few mins of Age of Empires: Castle Siege on breaks, so that would be a bonus 🙂

On the local version of eBay I found the 550 for 50$ and the 650 for 65$…both new-in-box, the main difference between them seems to be the OLED screen and the 16GB of storage on the 650.

What would you get? Should I contemplate a 640 instead?  

Conversation 5 comments

12 January, 2017 - 12:01 pm

<p>650, currently my main phone. Albeit W10M is not as pleasant experience as WP8.1 was on my previous Lumia 925.</p>
    <p>AOE:CS gets pretty tedious though.</p>

Premium Member
    12 January, 2017 - 1:36 pm

<p>Get the 650. Feels much better in the hand, the extra storage is worth it, and the screen is actually great.</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>It’s $15. get the better device.</p>

15 January, 2017 - 1:45 pm

<p>I have the Lumia 650 and its a great mobile in my opinion. Lightweight and easy to use</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>

16 January, 2017 - 12:08 pm

<p>650 it will be, then 🙂 Thanks!</p>

18 January, 2017 - 12:50 am

<p>Well, I got the 650 and I gotta say, first impressions are highly positive…haven’t had a Windows Phone since the WP7 days, but love how the interface has evolved and it connects with various services on my Windows 10 PC. This is a very solid, legitimate alternative phone OS, it’s a huge shame there is no development for it. And the phone itself is pretty nice as well, love the screen.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC