Windows Phone Account Sync problems 0x85010014 errors

Anyone else here having recent problems syncing their mobiles phones to their main MS account ?  

My trusty old Lumia 925 started to lose sync, with my main MS account, Calendar. It refused to sync, and reported 0x850010014 errors.  It was running WP8.1 and out of warranty, so little to now support expected. Hard Resets failed to help sync against my main MS account [not realistic to delete and recreate as some MS support staff seem to have suggested.]

But having got a brand new Lumia 650 WP10, I still cannot sync against my main account, despite it working on my PCs and SP4 etc. None of my phone Outlook Contacts, Calendar appointments will sync, even though Cortana can see upcoming appointments.   Hoping its just a temporary [m.outlook.com] server thing, but its been a couple of weeks now, and as with most things with WP these days, its left ti the users to flounder around the web searching for clues.  

So now I have two useless Lumia Windows Phones, and little to no Microsoft support (They do not acknowledge any of the problems some of us have been reporting on Windows Phone sync on various forums)

I guess Microsoft isn’t bothered about even supporting ‘new’ WP consumers now.

Conversation 4 comments

Premium Member
    13 December, 2016 - 9:02 am

<p>One thing you might one to check- go to your Microsoft account and remove the old devices as well as your new 650.&nbsp; Just a recommendation- you may want to reset your phone and re-add it to your account.&nbsp; Don’t know if this will help- but I had a similar issue a while ago and did this to fix it.</p>

13 December, 2016 - 9:16 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#30123">In reply to </a><a href="../../../../users/jt5">jt5</a><a href="#30123">:</a></em></blockquote>
      <p>Thanks.&nbsp; I will try remove several old devices (including Laptops) And have removed/reset my Lumia 925 WP81. again, to see what happens. </p>
      <p>It recognise my brand new&nbsp;Lumia 650 in the device list, and it can [Lost Phone] ring it&nbsp;and recognises its current location&nbsp;even though it has no Sim card. So it has some awareness of the correct account. Very odd. I still suspect/ hope its a m-outlook.com server outages. But who/how would anyone know with the lack of Microsoft transparency.</p>

Premium Member
    13 December, 2016 - 9:29 am

<p>I hope it works for you.&nbsp; I always love when the problem is on their side and they spend a lot of time trying to convince you it is on your side.&nbsp; Microsoft is not alone in stuff like this though.</p>

13 December, 2016 - 10:47 am

<p>I think the problem is on their side and they simply refuse to admit this. They had a&nbsp;similar issue over a month ago when thousands of Outlook users couldn’t connect to their Outlook accounts using Outlook app. This your issue can be just another page in the "Biggest MS fails" book.</p>
    <p>Try syncing your MS account with any other Android or iOS device. This would show whether it’s your phone’s problem. You can also use Akruto as a temporary solution, which is probably the only workaround&nbsp;for WP&nbsp;when it comes to syncing with Outlook. Here’s a link:<br /><a href="http://www.akruto.com/best-ways-to-sync-android-with-microsoft-outlook/">http://www.akruto.com/best-ways-to-sync-android-with-microsoft-outlook/</a></p&gt;
    <p>It took a week to solve last MS servers issue. This one (if that’s their problem) would be fixed in few days I believe.</p>
    <p>Hope this helps.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC