Ads in Office 365 Home

What the fuck is this?

For the first time, I see an ad in Office 365 Home. Microsoft, you are so stupid. Im paying for Office. And now I get not only ads in windows , but also in Office? Sorry guys, this is going too far.

The ad says: ” Download the new office app. Be productive on the road. get more information.”

Chris

Conversation 10 comments

• wright_is

Premium Member
    06 March, 2020 - 2:16 am

<p>Interesting, I haven't seen that yet. I'll keep an eye out.</p>

• sherlockholmes

Premium Member
      06 March, 2020 - 2:53 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#526994">In reply to wright_is:</a></em></blockquote><p>I saw it the first time this morning. </p>

• wright_is

Premium Member
        07 March, 2020 - 4:43 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#526997">In reply to SherlockHolmes:</a></em></blockquote><p>Used Outlook and Word this morning. Neither showed the ad.</p>

• paradyne

06 March, 2020 - 4:05 am

<p>That's really not an ad is it? It's an update notification for part of Office 365.</p>

• sherlockholmes

Premium Member
      06 March, 2020 - 4:35 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#526998">In reply to paradyne:</a></em></blockquote><p>Thats an ad because it shows you the office 365 mobile app. I cant think why guys like you still defend Microsoft on this. </p>

• jean

06 March, 2020 - 6:52 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#526999">In reply to SherlockHolmes:</a></em></blockquote><p>this is ridiculous : you are using a desktop version of Office and the "ad" tells you, you can access the documents on the road using the Office App – it's not like using Edge and Google telling you you can/should use Google Chrome. Even more so as a paid component hints you at a free software and not the other way round.</p><p>it would be a completely different story if they would be advertising "Surface" hardware products when using Office software</p>

• wright_is

Premium Member
      06 March, 2020 - 4:46 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#526998">In reply to paradyne:</a></em></blockquote><p>It is an advert for desktop users to try and get them to download the new mobile Office app on their phones. It has nothing to do with components of the installed Office 365 Pro Plus being updated.</p>

• anoldamigauser

Premium Member
      07 March, 2020 - 10:42 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#526998">In reply to paradyne:</a></em></blockquote><p>It is an ad, and it is a stupid one, because it is not checking to see if it has been downloaded by the user…clearly information that they have.</p>

• lwetzel

Premium Member
    06 March, 2020 - 4:16 pm

<p>Got it but not bothered. </p>

• StevenLayton

07 March, 2020 - 8:26 am

<p>Saw this in Word this morning myself. It’s advertising another feature or function, albeit free, for something I’ve paid into. So, yeah, it’s an Ad. It doesn’t really bother me, but I get that if might annoy others.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC