Convert Office 365 Personal to Home

I have done this in the past, but wanted to make sure this still worked. My Office 365 subscription expired today and I have a code for a Office 365 Personal account for 1 year. I should be able to use the code to get Office 365 Personal then convert it to a Office 365 Home account for an additional fee? Thanks

Comments (3)

3 responses to “Convert Office 365 Personal to Home”

1. Sprtfan

Just wanted to add in the past when upgrading I could select 1 month of Office 365 Home with auto renew for $10 it would convert the Personal account to a Home. I would just buy the Home from the start but would rather not let the Office 365 Personal code that came with my laptop go to waste. Thanks

2. Paul Thurrott

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/switch-to-a-different-office-365-for-home-subscription-3fcc1efc-2722-427f-8efa-db94b9b0a36b

• Sprtfan

In reply to paul-thurrott:

Just wanted to add to this since I always thought this was a loop hole that would be closed. If you activate Office 365 personal, then switch to Office 365 by buying a month at $9.99, you will get 13 months of Office 365 Home for the price of personal +$10.

Leave a Reply