Some info on "Outlook Premium" custom domain being replaced by Office365 home this Feb.

Firstly, All the contact forms don’t work. The recaptcha just looks like this: [reCAPTCHA]. Now back to what I was trying to send.

Hi Thurrott Team,

I’m a long time listener of First ring daily, WW, and subscriber on Thurrott. Everyone does an amazing job, so thank you. And please keep up the great work.

I got this email from Microsoft last week. Interesting to see that a personal custom domain will soon be managed by Office365. I haven’t seen anything from the Microsoft pro’s on this so I thought I’d share (Though highly likely you already have this info):

You can see the page here: https://view.email2.office.com/?qs=4b68a54d9d94f4b71b00fa7aaede927117d5fb8275d49b2617aff43f64906526e7b1aac08528bb35fc4d478487cad1075a684661da18e8b503e81991ed8114ad5a6b4c4cd52b487db290c92e0281a70f

Or the full email can also be see here:

Dear Outlook.com Premium subscriber, 

We’re writing to tell you that we are no longer offering personalized email addresses as part of Outlook.com Premium. Your personalized email address will remain active through your current Outlook.com Premium or Ad-Free Outlook.com subscription term. After February 28, 2020, you’ll need to purchase a subscription to Office 365 Home or Personal to continue using your personalized email address with Outlook.com after your current subscription ends. If you choose to renew your Outlook.com Premium or Ad-Free Outlook.com subscription after February 28, 2020, you’ll receive an Ad-Free inbox and higher mailbox storage limit, but not personalized email address benefits.

Note: If you have recurring billing turned on for your Outlook.com Premium subscription, it will be turned off. You will receive a reminder before your current Outlook.com Premium subscription term ends. 

After February 28, 2020 we’ll be disabling the Outlook.com Premium portal at https://premium.outlook.com. If you purchase an Office 365 Home or Personal subscription, you’ll still be able to manage your domain by signing in at https://outlook.com and going to Settings > Premium > Personalized email address. 

If you decide not to purchase Office 365 Home or Personal, you can manage your domain until your current Outlook.com subscription expires by opening a support ticket. To open a support ticket, sign in at https://outlook.com and select the Help icon at the top of the Outlook.com window. A support agent will help you. Make sure to mention “Outlook.com Premium” in your ticket. 

Go to Personalized email addresses in Outlook.com Premium are being retired for more information about this. If you have other questions or need more assistance, please go to https://outlook.com on your web browser, sign in to your Outlook.com account, and select the Help icon at the top of the Outlook.com window to open a support ticket. A support agent will help you. Make sure to mention “Outlook.com Premium” in your ticket. 

We apologize for the inconvenience associated with this change but hope you will continue as an Office 365 Home or Personal subscriber. 

Sincerely, 

The Outlook Team 

Conversation 4 comments

• sherlockholmes

Premium Member
    30 January, 2020 - 7:26 am

<p>My guess is that those who get this e-mail are leftovers from Microsofts last attemt in this field. In the past you could host a personal domain with every domain host around. I think it was last year that they decited that they dont wanted to manage those domain themselfs. They moved the service as a premium service to Office 365 home and personal subscriptions. </p><p>The sad site there is that from that time on you need to host your personal domain with GoDaddy. </p><p>I dont know if Microsoft is about to transfer old domains to GoDaddy as well. </p>

• wright_is

Premium Member
      30 January, 2020 - 7:58 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#516753">In reply to SherlockHolmes:</a></em></blockquote><p>Yes, my domain has been hosted with Host Europe for nearly 2 decades, no way I'll swap to GoDaddy…</p>

• sherlockholmes

Premium Member
        30 January, 2020 - 8:06 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#516756">In reply to wright_is:</a></em></blockquote><p><br></p><p>I did it with my .com Email domain. My de Domain I use for my website stays with Strato. </p>

• markmagnus

Premium Member
    30 January, 2020 - 12:28 pm

<p>I had a .com domain in outlook.com mostly just to see how it worked. The domain name is registered in network solutions. When I got this letter I changed the MX settings and a couple other text records to point to office365 and all set. when I commenced the migration Microsoft sent an email with the DNS records I would need to change and what to change them to. I still manage the records in network solutions. Microsoft just manages the email server to client interface just like it did for outlook.com. Took about half a day to get it working and tested. a better typist could probably take about an hour.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC