Windows Store version of Office 365 apps not updating to latest version?

So, the Office Apps in the Microsoft Store is on Version 1712, while the Click-to-Run apps are on Version 1801. How to get the Store apps to actually update? I’m in the Monthly Channel by the way.

Conversation 3 comments

• hrlngrv

Premium Member
    11 February, 2018 - 9:01 pm

<p>It may be necessary to be picky and read carefully.</p><p>While the MSFT Store site shows <em>Office 365 Home</em>, the listing of individual programs shows <em>Word </em><strong><em>2016</em></strong>, <em>Excel </em><strong><em>2016</em></strong>, etc. That may mean that while Store desktop Office can be installed using Office 365 Home (or Personal?) licenses, what you may get is the equivalent of Office 2016, which isn't as up to date as Office 365.</p>

• SWCetacean

Premium Member
    11 February, 2018 - 9:43 pm

<p>I had that problem too. It never happened before the 1801 version and it used to always update to each Office 365 update when it was released. I uninstalled the store versions (which I had used since they were released as preview) and went back to the click-to-run version.</p>

• MattHewitt

Premium Member
    12 February, 2018 - 4:42 pm

<p>This has happened to me too. I think it has to do with the fact that I have both Office 365 Professional and Office 365 Home accounts attached to the apps, and it is getting confused. My updates usually get hung up on "acquiring license" and then sometimes I get an activation window that pops up. Nothing I have done has fixed it yet, and I am hoping it figures itself out before I try uninstalling and reinstalling the programs.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC