Take on 13 vs 15" SB2

With the slight price difference on a loaded out model (1TB/16 Gig), it seems that the graphics performance difference in the 15″ model almost makes the 15 moot.

What are your opinions on this? Only the 15″ supports all the pressure levels of the pen and tilt, so that decides it for artists.

It seems they are so close in price that it would be foolish to get the 1050 graphics instead of the 1060 and additional RAM.

Plus, the dGPU 13 is heavy for a 13″, so there isn’t much more weight with the 15. The 13 seems to have more availability, though.

Thoughts?

Conversation 6 comments

• PhilipVasta

13 November, 2017 - 6:43 pm

<p>"<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent;">Only the 15″ supports all the pressure levels of the pen and tilt." Where did you hear this?</span></p>

• ChristopherCollins

Premium Member
      13 November, 2017 - 8:25 pm

<p>I read it on a post somewhere, so I questioned Microsoft about it and they confirmed to me that only the 15" model offered all the pressure levels and tilt.</p><p><br></p><p>Took them a long time to answer me, so I am assuming the young lady I was chatting with had to ask around.</p><p><br></p>

• PhilipVasta

14 November, 2017 - 5:21 pm

<blockquote><a href="#215707"><em>In reply to ChristopherCollins:</em></a></blockquote><p>Thanks for the info. If that's true, it seems really dumb that MS wouldn't include the latest and greatest pen tech on their all of their flagship 2-in-1 laptops.</p>

• ecumenical

14 November, 2017 - 5:54 pm

<blockquote><a href="#215707"><em>In reply to ChristopherCollins:</em></a></blockquote><p><br></p><p>That's really nonsensical. I'm not saying you're lying, just wondering if someone gave you bad info. Why on earth would they include these capabilities on a $799 12" Surface Pro and the 15" Surface Book, but not the 13" Surface Book? They even called the advanced pen stuff out in a Surface video on YouTube ("Surface Interview") as being brought over from Surface Pro, without saying anything about them being limited to the 15" model.</p>

• ChristopherCollins

Premium Member
          14 November, 2017 - 7:28 pm

<p>I totally understand your skepticism and I appreciate you clearly absolving me of a lie…</p><p><br></p><p>I'll try to find the forum. I (personally) opened a chat on the store and it took her a long time to get me the info (which verified it was only on the 15"). She even came back and said 'I'm still checking'.</p><p><br></p><p>That info made me skew to the 15"… I'd love to be wrong and would actually appreciate if one or all of you would open a chat window at the Microsoft Store website and ask the question.</p><p><br></p>

• ChristopherCollins

Premium Member
    14 November, 2017 - 8:05 pm

<p>On a sidenote, my preorder no longer shows 'Cancel Item', which suggest they are preparing to ship…</p><p><br></p><p><br></p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC