Outlook.com does not sync with Mail app on Windows 10

My Outlook.com account was finally upgraded a week or so ago, however, now mail and calendar does not sync to mail and calendar apps on Windows 10. I get the error code 0x86000c05. Any suggestions?

Conversation 4 comments

20 October, 2016 - 1:04 pm

<p>Try removing and re-adding the account.</p>

21 October, 2016 - 7:25 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#21679">In reply to </a><a href="../../../../users/nightmare99">nightmare99</a><a href="#21679">:</a></em></blockquote>
      <p>I tired that. It syncs for a few minutes and then I start getting the same error code.</p>

22 October, 2016 - 2:31 pm

<p>This happened to my wife’s account-the w10 mail app wouldn’t sync. I tried deleting the account and re-adding it, but no go. I waited a day and did the same thing again. Voila, it worked the second time.</p>

26 October, 2016 - 7:58 am

<p>I have the same problem before the conversion and after the conversion without the error code. When I look at the account in the Mail app the only sync option I have is email. I was hoping that when I was upgraded I would get the calendar and contracts sync options, but I did not. The account I am having problems with is my old hotmail account that I use as my Windows account. Everything is tied to this account!</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC