10 device limit

I hate to complain about this because I thought 10 would be enough. But, between 1 desktop at home, 3 desktops in the office at different locations, 2 media center PCs, and some Surface Pros, and a still used Windows Phone, I keep hitting the device limit on store apps. Wondering if there is any chance they may change the limit. I can’t imagine ever needing more than 15, but 10 just doesn’t seem enough. Anybody else hitting that wall regularly? Any hint that they might do something?

Conversation 1 comments

• MacLiam

Premium Member
    08 July, 2017 - 1:06 pm

<p>I hit 10 recently, but that included a couple of deceased or now unused devices that I flushed in order to restore some headroom.</p><p>Also, if you have some devices that use only free Store apps, you could try creating a separate account and relocating some of your devices over there. </p><p><br></p><p>I can't imagine Microsoft is about to change their policy. The 10-device limit feels like one of those institutional rules that, once adopted, run forever even if occasional good reasons pop up to reconsider them.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC